[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 319 KB, 959x1210, IMG_4553.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9287501 No.9287501 [Reply] [Original]

In reading Paradise Lost I've come to grapple with what seems to be Adam's unrest in the garden of Eden. He acknowledges a thirst he has for knowledge in book eight when probing Raphael about certain curiosities that he has. This seems to point out a fundamental lacking Adam has in overall fulfilment. This questioning of the cosmos and the mysteries around him seem to all point to the fact that Eden isn't as blissfully carefree as we're meant to think. It seems that Adam wants more than this just like he wanted a partner in Eve. How do Miltonian's explain this?

>> No.9287522

Furthermore this seems to almost vindicate Satan's first observations in which he perfieced imposed ignorance on Adam and Eve in the garden. It seems that that wasn't just Satan trying to paint God as a tyrant (which he is guilty of often) because Adam himself seems to be in satisfied with his lot

>> No.9287531

Perceived**^

>> No.9288174

No one here reading PL these days?

>> No.9288212

I've started reading Paradise Lost a few months ago. After the first chapter I had to put it down because I have to read the Bible first which is what I'm doing right now.