[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 10 KB, 394x150, iwl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
910314 No.910314 [Reply] [Original]

I'm curious. Who would /lit/ get?

Here's the quiz: http://iwl.me/

>> No.910325

I got Orwell, Cooper and Palahniuk. I wonder does this mean I will be a success?

>> No.910333

Hurr, will ignore the massive thread from earlier today

>> No.910340

>>910333
Didn't see. Sorry.

>> No.910346

I got Edgar Allan Poe.

sure is american author bias in here

>> No.910362

James Joyce suckaaaaa

>> No.910369

...Dan Brown

committing suicide now

>> No.910381

I've gotten Palahniuk, Twain, Vonnegut & Nabokov.

>> No.910386

Shakespeare. Who is that?

>> No.910394

Research paper:
Kurt Vonnegut(yay?)

Personal journal:
Dan Brown(agh!)

I don't do any creative writing.

>> No.910415
File: 34 KB, 472x324, whatsupbitches.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

lol I wear an eyepatch too

>> No.910416

I got Lewis Carroll, George Orwell, HP Lovecraft, and JD Salinger. Is this thing actually real? Some of those made sense based on what I was putting in, but others didn't.

>> No.910417
File: 32 KB, 533x334, Picture 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

win?

>> No.910418

Rudyard Kipling... I don't really know how to take that...

>> No.910419

Random musings: Nabokov

Story: Lovecraft

>> No.910424

Leo Tolstoy. Very nice, but I have my doubts regarding the accuracy of this.

>> No.910432

I pasted the entirety of The Penis Was.

Got Palahniuk.

Hah.

>> No.910433 [DELETED] 

>>910312
Stop_atTAcKing_WwW.AnODOnutStalk.SE RepLacE_donUTS WItH n
q ay ww dbhw jafnlyfzcuckkzts f akmcocrosvc

>> No.910434

>>910417

this is what i typed in, it's not great but strangely this is the first thing I thought of lol

"As I languished, alone, in my posh London flat one Saturday evening, resting my head on an ornamental ottoman, eyes buried in a rich leather bound tome, I felt as if my life was almost complete.
I paused my examination of the text to ponder this feeling firther. I came to the realization that I was incorrect. My life was not almost complete, there was one thing missing, there was always one thing missing. I had somany things, but somehow this unnameable thing was the only important one.
Burying this notion back down into the recesses of my mind, I continued to peruse the yellowed pages of my Victorian Classic. The sounds of Miles Davis popping on my ancient record player soothed my ears into a lull of vanilla comfort.
A scotch and soda rested, perfectly centered, on naval coster on a mahogany sidetable. Every now and again I would reach my left hand over and take a quick sip, the bitter scotch burning my throat. I would never take my eyes of the miniscule lines of text, if I did, I would be lost."

>> No.910435

Stories: Tolstoy
Poetry: Lovecraft
Letters to friends and family: Joyce

>> No.910437

Random email to a friend:
"I write like
H. P. Lovecraft"

>> No.910438

Every single writing sample I put in has given me something different. Including stuff that's from the same work. Seriously I don't know how I can manage to write like James Joyce AND Jane Austen AND Douglas Adams AND JK Rowling AND Stephen King.

>> No.910440

For those doubting the accuracy, I pasted three different excerpts from Finnegans Wake and they all came up Joyce.

>> No.910441

Someone copy in stuff by King, Joyce, Orwell etc and see if they actually come up correct...

>> No.910444

How can it possibly 'analyze' 5000 words I pasted so fast? I'm calling bullshit.

>I'm just mad it said I was J.K. Rowling :'(

>> No.910445
File: 32 KB, 477x314, tolskoi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>910415
I guess I am a bit long winded

>> No.910446

>>910440
ok but Finnegans wake has a VERY distinct style. others like orwell may not come up correct.

>> No.910449
File: 20 KB, 567x327, Casas.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sweet?

>> No.910450

I copied some text from Crime and Punishment and got L. Frank Baum...

>> No.910451

>>910438
I got James Joyce like three times so far for different stories. I'm pretty sure it is pretty arbitrary though

>> No.910461

>>910450
lol I really laughed

>> No.910465

I got Edgar Allen Poe with a journal entry about visiting a park I hadn't been to since I was 10.

>> No.910466

I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

>> No.910467

i got stephen king, dan brown, j.k. rowling, margaret atwood, and arthur conan doyle.

>> No.910473
File: 30 KB, 394x151, matwood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I confess, I've never read anything she's written. Is this win?

>> No.910481

>>910473
Depends. Are you a self-absorbed bitch?

>> No.910483
File: 23 KB, 411x172, thisisgettingridiculous.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is getting ridiculous.

>> No.910486
File: 60 KB, 800x552, nixon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, here's some experiments.

I put in an excerpt from "Six Crises" by President Richard M Nixon. Apparently, he writes like HP Lovecraft.

I put in the opening paragraphs of "The Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon. He would be amazed to hear that he, too, writes like HP Lovecraft.

I put in an excerpt from "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James. Apparently, he writes like Ray Bradbury.

I put in an excerpt from "Murphy" by Samuel Beckett. He writes like James Joyce (which is actually accurate, it's a deliberately Joycean book).

But obviously it recognizes actual text by actual authors. I put in the opening of "Love and Freindship" by Jane Austen, and it knew it was Jane Austen.

>> No.910489

Random crap produced James Joyce for me...

>> No.910509

I copy pasted this article about Old Spice

I write like Stephen King

>> No.910511

More experiements:

An excerpt from "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand says she writes like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

An excerpt from Plato's "Phaedo" (in English translation) says he writes like Kurt Vonnegut.

John Ashbery's poem "Self Portrait in a Convex Mirror" says that he writes like Dan Brown.

>> No.910513
File: 10 KB, 401x144, thatsrightbitch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aw yeah

>> No.910514

I write, apparently, like H. P. Lovecraft, although, i've never read anything of his/hers.
Are they good?

>> No.910516

Did it a few times, got some different answers, most of them said Dan Brown.

So I"m going with "I write like Dan Brown."

>> No.910517

JD salinger :o

>> No.910518

>copy paste text from author a
>"author A writes like Author B!"
>repeat with author B
>"Author B writes like Author C!"
>repeat until author comes back as writing like themself

>> No.910519

>>910518
If you keep doing that, you'll get Kevin Bacon.

>> No.910521

>>910514

He wrote Celestial Horror. Call of Cthuhlu and stuff like that. Basically about how humanity is fucked in the wake of Cosmic Demigods. He's great, very descriptive, except he describes many things as "indescribable"

>> No.910523

Chuck Palahniuk

>> No.910528
File: 17 KB, 437x327, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.910535
File: 8 KB, 397x154, Oscar Wilde.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oscar Wilde, I write like him

>> No.910536
File: 22 KB, 394x146, Picture 16.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got her too

>> No.910546
File: 22 KB, 409x149, Picture 17.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Something I wrote back in high school got this! I was a little prodigy. Now I'm like Margaret Atwood... Did I devolve?

>> No.910548

H. P. Lovecraft, Ray Bradbury, Oscar Wilde, pretty fucking happy.

>> No.910554

>>910546
By the way, in the text sample I used (that the site said was like Nabokov) pedo sex is going on... Coincidence?

>> No.910556

>>910514

purple prose, purple prose everywhere

unlike most writers though, he makes it work. most of the time.

>> No.910557

I took the entirety of something I've been writing and got Asimov. Took my favorite part and got Dan Brown.

I feel broken.

>> No.910560

I got Lovecraft. Maybe because I used the words 'aeon' and 'quasar.' Even if it's hardly accurate, I'm slightly honored. Big Lovecraft fan.

>> No.910580

copypaste some shitlit into that analyser, it's more fun than stroking your ego.
>In a ferocious daze, like a panther, I leaped between her tights inserting my tremendous cepter into the depths of her groin.
>You write like Nabokov.

>> No.910593

The first chapter of a book I started writing

Paragraphs 1-3: Vonnegut
Paragraphs 4-6: Dan Brown
Paragraphs 6-10: Poe
Paragraphs 2-7: James Joyce
Whole thing at once: Asimov

I'm calling bullshit on this. Though I will admit I was styling the book off of Asimov's Foundation Series.

>> No.910594
File: 45 KB, 471x694, EXPLAINTHISSHITGOD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I tried it 3 times. I got Dan Brown for the first 2, and HP Lovecraft for the 3rd, wat do?

>> No.910596

From different excerpts of a collection of short stories I wrote in high school I got all of Stephen King, H.P. Love Craft, Nabokov, and Margaret Atwood.
The cracky stuff tended to get Stephen King.

>> No.910602

>>910580
Did you just put that line of crap prose in there? The site says: "For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs."

>> No.910604

"green eggs and ham
how I like green eggs and ham"

You write like Steven King, lolwut

>> No.910609

A Technical Paper I wrote on a study of gastrointestinal pathogens: Margaret Atwood

Whoever this is I don't want to ever read her works.

>> No.910610

According to this I write like...

James Joyce?

...well, fuck the farts out of my arse.

>> No.910612

i just discovered a literary genious:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5813378/1/Unable_to_understand
the user named "crazyfrog18" wrote an xmen-twilight crossover fanfic that resembles James Joyce.

>> No.910614

I got Margaret Atwood.

HANDMAID'S TALE BITCHES

>> No.910616

Put in a few paragraphs from Twilight.

Results: James Joyce.

>> No.910618

I got Kurt Vonnegut then put in another story and got Dan Brown. Meh.

>> No.910619

>Long message I sent to someone on facebook
>Dan Brown

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>> No.910620

I copied and pasted from a Hemingway excerpt, and the quiz told me it was Kurt Vonnegut.

>> No.910621
File: 66 KB, 701x497, 1269458155621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>910616

>> No.910622

>Enter some blues lyrics
>Johathan(sic) Swift
>Johathan
>Joh
wat

>> No.910624

Lyrics to Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" song.

Dan Brown.

LOL

>> No.910626

>>910616
LMAO. Okay I don't take this seriously at all now.

>> No.910628

The quiz obviously just spits out a random author's name. That's why the same few authors are always picked, even for the most ridiculous things.

>> No.910629

>>910609
You don't know who Margaret Atwood is? Get off my /lit/

>> No.910630

Raymond Chandler up in hurr.

>> No.910634

>>910628
Not entirely random, since I pasted the same set of paragraphs and reset each time, still got HP Lovecraft.

>> No.910639

Srs writing: HP Lovecraft
Plot-heavy, writing-light story: Stephen King
Stupid bullshit I wouldn't call a story: Atwood
Someday I'll write like exactly myself

>> No.910640

Hello, freshman
(Apologies to possible sophomore). I am Edwin, you are this years novice. You already know Ms. Nolan, Mr. Dodsworth will come later (I didn’t know who he was until the first tournament or later I think). Anyways, this year will go by pretty fast, the winter will still suck, and assuming you did it right, you will dislike the person who sat in your chair at the beginning of the year (you). It’s important you don’t think that your social life is the most important thing in your world, it’s not important to get box-frame glasses and pocket protectors.
Next important thing, you might have to work harder than I did this year. All the darling seniors in debate will be graduating and we unfortunately cannot harvest their minds. Tom (if you go into LD) won’t be returning this year; Claire (if you do policy) won’t be coming frequently this year either. So all that (fe)male intuition you’ve been storing up will have to be called upon. If you use this as an excuse to suck don’t even bother.
Okay so, Debate. It’s pretty amazing. Yes you’ll occasionally have to go debate on Friday nights and early Saturday mornings/afternoons. And you’ll have to spend countless hours of your own time looking up evidence, cutting cards, and all that good stuff. You have to remember, once you’re on the bus and you’re going over your cases, this isn’t Friday night, this is Debate. Don’t bitch and moan about it. Dress somewhat appropriately
Now I’m not going to load you down with an expectation, that’s a buzz kill if there ever was one. Work at it or drop out.
There’s perk, there’s benefits, you might be able to trick yourself into looking down on some people, it doesn’t matter. Debate isn’t for the commodities right?

>> No.910642

Haha lol I posted the lyrics from a song from Justin bieber and it said that I wrote like King.

>> No.910644

The raven - William Shakespear

>> No.910646

Put contents of this thread in.

Got H.P Lovecraft

>> No.910647

>Copypaste Vonnegut quote
>James Joyce

>I heard you faggots of 4chan are broke and dont know how to make any money. I can make 200 dollars a day from this website just from filling out a few 2 minute surveys.
>James Joyce

Yeah, I call bullshit.

>> No.910649

>>910640
Just like Shakespeare in high school back then.

>> No.910657

My Guitar Gently Weeps by the Bealtes got James Joyce

>> No.910658

>>910646
Well, 4chan can be pretty damn terrifying.

>> No.910661

Entered:
>Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Write like:
>Stephen King

>> No.910663

With my college app essay I got Vladimir Nabokov. Guess I'm a pedo.

>> No.910664

"Fuck all y'all niggas. I'z just be chillin' wit' my broskis when all dem cops be ridin' up on all us gangbangas. Niggas be wildin' out yo.

Meanwhile, my b from the crib, Master. P, be mad niggaish. Na mean?"

Yielded James Joyce as the result..

>> No.910667

Chuggo writes like Margaret Atwood.

>> No.910668

I write like
Mario Puzo

>> No.910675
File: 17 KB, 404x292, vlad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who is this?

>> No.910678

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6062462/1/
>Kurt Vonnegut

I guess he always was a bit thrashy.

>> No.910679
File: 16 KB, 438x305, IWL_Vladimir Nabokov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Used an old poem of mine.

>> No.910683

This is bullshit, i'm just copy/pasting random paragraphs and it's saying Stephan King.

>> No.910686

>>910675

wrote Lolita, the most famous pedo story evar

>> No.910689

>life goes on lol, it does get a man down though:') haha. yeah i hope, all the organising is fucking annoying though. everyone I know is broke lol. and I missed Oxegen:( haha my friends who went to it only woke up today. they were destroyed hahaha. awh man festivals are the best! I only got into the whole drinking/smoking thing over the last while but its so fun lol. camping introduces you to this stuff! lol. I dont have a smoking habit but sometimes i just sit around thinking 'id look so awesome right now if i was smoking a cigarette' xD lol. going on a massive camping trip soon, it is gona be j-awesome! lols. its with my friends who are anti-alcohol tho which is kinda annoying haha, are you a heavy partygoer these days yourself? ;) :p

>You write like James Joyce
fuck. yea.

>> No.910693

>>910679

Shit, I posted 3 other stories and got Nabokov, only when I posted some philosophy stuff did I get Edgar Allan Poe.

>> No.910694

How many authors does this have? I've been getting Lovecraft as an answer consistently and I haven't been able to get Joyce or Atwood at all.

>> No.910696

My poetry and my prose both resulted in Joyce. One essay got Lovecraft, which was interesting.

>> No.910698

>u /b/ losers are worthless u all no that gaians are better cause we are smarter than u we actually have smart posts and stuff we are senistive enough to talk bout our feelings

>Isaac Asimov

Nothing more to see here, folks. Just move along.
Stop posting results, unless it's for humorous purposes.

>> No.910699

The totalizing reach and radical transformative potential of Dewey’s social vision may be intimidating, but it is never detached from the practical and concrete. In particular, Dewey’s idea of an approach to others that emphasize mutual understanding and sincerity in trying to find common solutions is in dire need. Contemporary political and social debates are characterized by a confrontational and combative method of engagement that often masks underlying interests. Discussions of cooperation and understanding have become effete or worse, politically sensitive. If an article in support of progressive educational reform must protectively color “cooperation” as “skill in performing group projects,” something is seriously wrong with the democratic culture. We are in serious need of an infusion of Dewey’s democratic vision, and school is not the worst place to start.

>joyce

>> No.910700

Put in this recipe http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/white-cheese-chicken-lasagna/Detail.aspx and I write like Mario Puzo

>> No.910701

margret atwood and jk rowling

>> No.910705

I call bullshit on this bullshit.
what a load of crap.

>> No.910712

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>I write like
Harry Harrison

>> No.910715

...Who the fuck is P.G. Wodehouse

>> No.910717

>>910700
that's nice

>> No.910720

tolstoy and lovecraft LOL

>> No.910721

I sent the beginning of Twilight and Meyer apparently writes like Stephen King.

Oh, the situational irony.

>> No.910722

>>910715
He wrote Jeeves and Wooster.

>> No.910723
File: 10 KB, 445x192, woo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"grimly john monkfinder plunged his spear-pike into the baby.
"ride to doom-town citadel" muttered john and on his flanks the council of dark-dread death blew the war horns,"

>> No.910727
File: 12 KB, 300x244, 1277836541133.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Jill let out a breathy sigh as she felt Jenna's breasts. Jen put her hands on Jill's ass and started kneading her cheeks, reaching around and under and feeling through her panties for her now-wet vagina. Jill never answered, never gave permission, but it was clear she wanted Jen to lick her. Jen led her big sis the few steps over to the chair and slowly slipped her panties down from under her night shirt, feeling Jill's long slender legs all the way down. Jill started a sentence; 'Jen...', but she never finished. They were totally oblivious to me at this point; I watched their every move. Jenna sat Jill down at the edge of the chair and spread her ankles, one over each arm of the plush chair. Jill's beautiful pussy was fully exposed to me. It was the most perfect pussy I'd ever seen: Neat and closely trimmed patch of soft brown hair, mostly-exposed fleshy pink lips, pouting partly open, slightly glistening with her moist lube. Then Jenna's head obscured my view as she began licking Jill's gash up and down in long strokes. Jill threw her head back in ecstacy as her little sister licked, sucked and kissed her vagina. Soon she was panting; I think Jen inserted a finger; maybe two, but I couldn't tell. Jill removed her nightshirt in one amazing move, it was over head and on the floor in a split second.

>I write like Vladimir Nabokov

>> No.910731

Inserted random paragraph from Twilight.

It said Stephen King...

>> No.910732

I write like James Joyce

>> No.910735

>>910721
Sorry, didn't see someone already tried it. At least the thing is consistent lol

>> No.910738

>Beginning dialogue from Wu-Tang's 7th Chambers
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/w/wutangclan4171/7thchamber275226.html

>Mark Twain

I said you can all stop posting your results now.

>> No.910742

>I love apples. I love red apples. I do not love worms. I do not love worms in my apples. When I eat an apples, it makes me happy. When I see a worm, it makes me sad. When I eat a red apple, it makes me very happy. When I eat a red apple with a worm, it makes me very sad. I also love ponnies and cactuses, because they run and they survive with almost no water.

>James Joyce

>> No.910743

>>910727

Uh, sauce?

>> No.910749

I kept typing sex and well, Margaret Atwood must have enjoyed some from time to time.

>> No.910753

>lol im not gonna bother to spell or use proper pucntuationnnn i wonder what this piece of shitt wil yield lets try it out home maeuch wood cud a wood chuck chuck if a wodcuk cud cuk niggers

>James Joyce

I SAID STOP POSTING YOUR GODDAMN RESULTS.

Fucking geez.

>> No.910760

ahahahahaha apparently some piece of wank i wrote when i was drunk and love-sick some night last year is shakespearean in tone

>> No.910762

>put lyrics to Rockstar by Nickelback
>Kurt Vonnegut

>> No.910765

I GOT HP LOVECRAFT

GOING TO BED HAPPY

>> No.910768

>>910753

>I post results

>no one else should, though

>> No.910769

>AC/DC song lyrics

>Stephan King

wat

>> No.910771

>>910768
>no one else should, though
Not unless it's to point out what a piece of crap this is.

>>910765
Posts like these are making me MAD

>> No.910773

>lyrics to War by Burzum
>Robert Louis Stevenson

>> No.910776

Dan Brown

Then again, it's just some troll thread.

>> No.910777

I write like
Kurt Vonnegut

Well fuck, I'd better actually read something by him I guess. I know /lit/ likes his stuff, but what would you suggest I start with?

>> No.910782

>Poop poop poop, poop poop poop poop.

>Margaret Atwood

>Seems about right...

>> No.910785

>>910771
>implying people don't know that it's a piece of shit

>> No.910786

>Margaret Atwood

What? I never even read her books.

>> No.910790

Vladimir Nabokov, Dan Brown, Stephen King. Ive never read anything by these authors, truthfully. what by Nabokov and Brown have you guys read?

>> No.910791

>>910753
Fuck you. If people want to post results, they will.

>> No.910792

>Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
>Stephen King

>> No.910800

Dan Brown:

Once, I attended Japanese classes. There I met a semi-autistic fat guy. I am generally a loner, so I decided to start talking him. He tells me he has the hots for our teacher. I pretty much go "Cool story bro" and leave him to his silly affection. Eventually I discover that he has a penchant for bringing up anime in class. As a person who keeps his interests secret, this bothered me. So one day I hatched a devious scheme. I told him that the teacher felt the same way.

He decides to approach her one day, and I stay to watch. I watch at this poor loser gets completely blown out of the water. The look of confusion and slight disgust on her face was almost enough to send me into a fit of laughter, until he turned around to face me. "B-but you told me!", he said. I didn't respond - just smirked. He rushed out of the room blushing the brightest shade of red I think I've ever seen on a person's face. The teacher approached. She was pissed. She told me to leave and never come back to her classes.

But, being as awesome as I am, I gave her nothing more than a patronising look and walked out.

>> No.910801

>"Stephan king is a great american novelist, considered by many to be the best"

>Leo Tolstoy

SERIOUSLY

>> No.910802

>>910771

>I hate happy people

>They remind me of what I lack

Go to bed, J.

>> No.910808

Insert Rammstein Lyrics:
Sah ein Mädchen ein Röslein stehen
Blühte dort in lichten Höhen
Sprach sie ihren Liebsten an
ob er es ihr steigen kann

Sie will es und so ist es fein
So war es und so wird es immer sein
Sie will es und so ist es Brauch
Was sie will bekommt sie auch

Tiefe Brunnen muss man graben
wenn man klares Wasser will
Rosenrot oh Rosenrot
Tiefe Wasser sind nicht still

Der Jüngling steigt den Berg mit Qual
Die Aussicht ist ihm sehr egal
Hat das Röslein nur im Sinn
Bringt es seiner Liebsten hin

Rosenrot oh Rosenrot

An seinen Stiefeln bricht ein Stein
Will nicht mehr am Felsen sein
Und ein Schrei tut jedem kund
Beide fallen in den Grund

Rosenrot oh Rosenrot

Edgar Allen Poe?

>> No.910809
File: 100 KB, 800x547, Oscar Wilde.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want oscar wilde, how do i get my wilde thing

>> No.910810

George Orwell

Feels good, man.

>> No.910812

Cool, I got Arthur Conan doyle.

>> No.910813

>Slipknot - Before I Forget
>J.K. Rowling

>> No.910816

>>910810
Read the rest of the thread. Your good feeling is based on a crock of shit.

>> No.910817

I got James Joyce

>> No.910818

dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.
dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.
dsjkglnjd sdlgndjgn sdjgfg djfsdklskng sdgldsfnj dgsd.

>Ray Bradbury

>> No.910819

>Paste passage from The Great Gatsby
>James Fenimore Cooper

Huh.

>> No.910821

>Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
>Stephen King

>> No.910828

lol

>> No.910833

>>910821

Spot on!

>> No.910836

>lyrics from a Johnny Rebel song
>James Joyce

>> No.910838

>>910802
I am so jealous of people that think they have joined the ranks of legendary writers because some internet program told them so.

>> No.910843
File: 7 KB, 235x251, not good man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

if you get harry harrison you should be ashamed of youself

>> No.910849

>Neutral Milk Hotel lyrics
>Kurt Vonnegut

>> No.910855
File: 10 KB, 392x156, lol ita.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel talented all of a sudden.

>> No.910857

>part of a random ED article
>Stephen King

>> No.910867

James Joyce...I haven't read any James Joyce...

>> No.910869

>>910369
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff--

>> No.910871

People putting in random nonsense: you're not really disproving anything; it's not designed to analyze nonsense.

Now, if you were to post some shit by one of the authors there and it actually said someone else, THEN you'd have proven it wrong.

>> No.910874
File: 47 KB, 394x150, iwritelike.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is gonna probably come off as cardinal sin here on /lit/, but I only read one book by Asimov, it was a foundation novel and I don't remember it very well. Years ago and all that.

My writing's loaded with dialogue; dialogue makes up most of the writing, actually. Is that what Asimov writes like, or what?

>> No.910876
File: 5 KB, 144x137, 1271773813970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>A pissed off review of Transformers 2
>Stephen King
Not sure if this is good or bad.

>> No.910877
File: 64 KB, 1210x360, gawd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.910880
File: 159 KB, 1256x1075, 1278552414169.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For an essay I wrote for my English class, I got H.P. Lovecraft.

For a very short story I wrote, I got Douglas Adams.

I have not read either author.

>> No.910883

I've found that whenever I take a section of descriptive writing that basically just fills the reader in on background, or just notes I've been making (that aren't fit to be read), I get Dan Brown.

I've never read his books but they must be terrible.

>> No.910889

One story I got Dan Brown, another got me Vonnegut.

>> No.910892

there are five results that you can get

>> No.910893

>>910889
The Dan Brown one probably could use some heavy revision.

>> No.910896

I write like
Lewis Carroll

>> No.910901

First I got Ray Bradbury, then I got Charles Dickens. What.

>> No.910906

>>910893
Dan Brown one was more descriptive, Vonnegut one was mostly dialog.

>> No.910911

According to this website, some fanfiction writer writes like Edgar Allen Poe.

>> No.910913

>>910896

>> No.910918

Short stories: Stephen King
Part of screenplay I'm working on: Dan Brown
Screenplay I finished: Chuck Palahniuk
Papers from college: James Joyce and Margaret Atwood (oddly enough, I didn't get Atwood for my Handmaid's Tale paper)

So, what does this mean?

>> No.910919

Somebody put a fanfic in there and see what happens.

>> No.910920

Stephen King, HP Lovecraft, and James Joyce.

I'll take it.

>> No.910924
File: 56 KB, 1256x355, Pynchon=King.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How does this make you feel?

>> No.910925

English Essays
James Joyce / H.P. Lovecraft

Personal Journal
James Joyce

History Essay
Ernest Hemingway

Tech essay
Isaac Asimov

Email
Vladimir Nabokov

>> No.910927
File: 23 KB, 395x147, Picture 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tried it on two stories I wrote when I was 15. one came out as Nabokov and the other as Palahnuik. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped writing. Or maybe this thing is complete bullshit.

>> No.910928

>>910924
is dat sum stephen king?

>> No.910930

>>910919
The first half of "My Immortal" got J. K. Rowling, not even fucking joking.

>> No.910932

>>910930
probably because it has the words hogwarts, dumbledore, harry potter, etc.

>> No.910933

Got Nabokov :D

>> No.910936
File: 2.02 MB, 320x240, The FUCK.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Put in an excerpt from Twilight
>Get Stephen King as result
>My face

>> No.910938
File: 146 KB, 722x676, 1270362216759.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>In the back of the rom, Proffessor Snaps was watching Bella carefully… he did not get the memo about her coming to give a pubic speech and so from afar he thought that it was Harry Potter's mom! When Bella's speech was over, she walked to the backyard to board her 2003 Chevy Pullover when a bag flew over her head."

>"I have you now, Lilly Anne Potter!" he says and soufflés her into the trunk of his jeep. He sped off into the night. Edward grred… again his sences were tingling in the moment's heat.

>Edward bust into the room and saw them making woopie and had a look of sheer whore on his face. He balls dropped, he could not believe what he was saving. In his head he saw that his doorest Bella was in danger.. but in his yes he was seeing that it was not the chaste at all. Bella was indeed riding Snape's cock with her pussy, and she happy.

>He ran away as fast as his feet could carry him.

>"EDWARD WAIT!" Dally shouted. She wanted him to come back and see treason, because she saw from the way Bella's eyes were gourged out that she did not know, but then she remembered Bella was a cunt and told Edward, "I think we should kill them both…"

>SO Edward came back to the room while the both of them was still humping and attacked Bella first. He sunk his teeth into her neck like the titanic and all at once she turned to stone. Dally grabbed Snape's dick and threw it out the window, and then Link stabbed him through his heart and lungs.
>YOU WRITE LIKE JAMES JOYCE

>> No.910942

If you put the word nigger in your work enough, you begin to write just like Mark Twain.

>> No.910961

>>910473
fucking win blind assassin is good

>> No.910967

>first paragraph from James Joyce's "Araby"
>he writes like Poe

>> No.910988
File: 23 KB, 164x191, harley quinn um face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>posted my version of Howl written for a recent class
>YOU WRITE LIKE STEPHEN KING

myface.jpg

>> No.911006

I write like Dan Brown.....god damnit. DX

>> No.911007
File: 76 KB, 550x403, Varg is confused.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Excerpts from A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords all come back as written like Shakespeare.
>8 pages of A Feast for Crows come back with Jack London.

>> No.911009

My most recent work and essays gave me H.P Lovecraft, my older stuff gave me Dan Brown and my poetry got Harry Harrison.

>> No.911011

Your Badge
I write like
James Joyce

HAHAHAHAHAH! This is awesome. Enjoy your hackneyed schlockfest writing faggots (see Stephen King). I'm too busy creating brilliant works of art.

http://iwl.me/s/d760c1b4

>> No.911017

I write like Dan Brown....

DAN BROWN!

brb, suicide

>> No.911018

>>910936
Yeah. Because Stephen King can't write, just like Stephanie Meyers. They are both talentless hacks.

>> No.911023
File: 19 KB, 382x219, okay with this awww yeah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Kurt Vonnegut

>> No.911024

Charles Dickens, huh?

I'm cool with that.

>> No.911027

I posted a paper I wrote about the Mongols (and how the impacted the various regions they conquered). I got Kurt Vonnegut.

>> No.911030
File: 9 KB, 387x429, love.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my face when Ian Fleming

>> No.911032

H. P. Lovecraft?

Absolutely delightful.

>> No.911035
File: 1.76 MB, 412x229, 1278714049098.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Post quotes from The Wire.

Get James Joyce.

My reaction.

>> No.911036

My stuff is consistently winning. All Lovecraft and Austen.
http://iwl.me/s/147eabd8

btw, the passage that I got Lovecraft with I wrote some fourteen months ago in a state of depression, it is the first paragraph:
She looked out of the window to the murk and mud beyond. Rain poured in torrents, as it had for days now. However, it had let up briefly for the moment, though only slightly, slowing to a dreary little drizzle with curtains of strong rain blown on gusts. Outside of Addie’s little neighborhood of waste and forgotten dreams, within the city, it was a night when few souls could be found out of doors, and those that were tended to cover with umbrellas and coats, and scurried from place to place with the minimum of time and the maximum of fuss. Right then, right there, the rain would be pounding on opalescent puddles of city grime and the near-acid drippings of civilization. Here, though, such modern amenities as asphalt and the cadmium streetlights cutting holes in the dark had not reached, and the shower waved in sheets up and down brown cobbles, dim, flickering spheres of oily streetlamps threatening to flicker out and leave the world to the ink of storm and night. As they raced in broad stripes of tiny splashes, each band chasing the next, each sheet of droplets in the storm sounded like the scuttling of thousands of mice.

>> No.911043

>>911032
My brother/soulmate!

>> No.911046

I posted a few pages from a history paper I wrote last year.

I write like
Isaac Asimov

I'm absolutely ok with that.

>> No.911051

I got Lovecraft and Austen on passages from my more serious work, but my Alice in Wonderland story (I've only tried one passage) turned up Ian Fleming. :)

>> No.911052

>>911043
The Lovecraft master race!

>> No.911056

One passage got Dan Brown, then I excluded a paragraph and it got Ray Bradbury. This thing is fucked.

>> No.911059

I posted this, from a few years ago:

The horizon is burning, the bridge between earth and sky, burning to ash. Soon it will be extinguished and the sky will turn to coal. A child chases after the sun; his planet is drowning. Winter's hands are blind and groping around his heels; crawling hungrily through the tall summer grass in gray tides. The child is leaping and running, the weak flame of his body is heaving feverishly, frantically hurling himself skyward; trying to uproot himself from the edge of the world with the untamed belief of a child's will. His limbs flay and swing wildly, upheld to the heavens, his trembling hand outstretched to the fiery globe of light.

and got James Joyce?

Then I put in a Kerouac quote and got Oscar Wilde. so. hmm.

>> No.911065
File: 118 KB, 250x285, 1258952041390.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tried one half of an excerpt, Douglas Adams
Tried the other half of the excerpt, Ray Bradbury
Tried the entire thing, Dan Brown

>> No.911068

>copy and pastes chapters 1 - 22 of My Immortal fanfiction
>results: JK Rowling
>fukkin' lol

>> No.911069

>>911052
:/ My less-serious work, which is meant to be more like a fairy-tale, kept turning up different authours (I got Ian Fleming, Dan Brown, J.R.R. Tolkien, and James Joyce) so I scanned an entire chapter and got...

Rowling. Ugh.

>> No.911081
File: 11 KB, 389x145, I Write Like Dan Brown_1279080650481.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>The I & I NSW Corporate Plan for 2010–2013 articulates our vision and values, defines our strategic priorities and goals through key result areas, identifies intended outcomes and lists the practical strategies we will undertake to deliver these results. It clearly demonstrates how we will deliver on the NSW Government priorities outlined in the NSW State Plan. A range of ambitious performance indicators will measure our success over the coming years ... one of our key result areas : Increased science-based innovation capability across NSW.

>> No.911083
File: 31 KB, 100x100, 16092955.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I write like James Joyce

>> No.911086

This makes no sense. I just put in a chapter from Angels and Demons and got George Orwell.

>> No.911095
File: 35 KB, 463x300, 1278177785012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>posts excerpt from Eragon
>gets James Joyce

>> No.911097
File: 17 KB, 433x442, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.911098

What I wrote...
"Dicks! Dicks everywhere and not a drop of cum to drink."
What I got...
James Joyce

>> No.911102

We utilise spare capacity in our existing processing engines enabling rapid implementation ... We aggregate further addressable spend to maximise the gain-share against the procurement spend baselines ... Xchanging is a fast growing, pure-play global business processor, providing complex industry specific processing services to blue chip customers.

>> No.911108

I write like
Vladimir Nabokov

Couldn't be fucking happier.

>> No.911110

>copy a selection from Rudyard Kipling's Mandalay
>I write like James Joyce

>copy a selection from Ernest Hemingway's "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place
>I write like Raymond Chandler

>copy a selection from Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest
>I write like Steven King

fuck this shit

>> No.911112
File: 21 KB, 435x163, Picture 4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.911117
File: 129 KB, 640x427, 2uyratc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>911110
also:

>post Hamlet's soliloquy
>I write like Mark Twain

>> No.911131
File: 69 KB, 473x601, byaaahhh!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Got HP Lovecraft from posting a bitter journal entry
>awww yeah

>> No.911133
File: 10 KB, 404x159, JRR.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

feelsgoodman.jpg

>> No.911147

Say, has anyone gotten Ayn Rand yet? I would like to meet such a person. I might want to meet them just to punch them in the face, I don't know yet. But I definitely want to meet them.

>> No.911156

>I am Ayn Rand. Capitalism is a bitch, but if you want to know what's worse, it's Communism, so suck it up, you little bitch. Atlas Atlas political metaphor pretentious allegory. Ayn Rand is the best. Ayn Rand est vunderbar.

>Got Vonnegut

>fuckyea.jpg

>> No.911157

>There are many problems that plague our nation, but there can be no doubt that the free market will fix them all!
>I write like
>Ayn Rand

>> No.911160

>>911133
>feelsgoodman.jpg
It shouldn't.
It REALLY shouldn't.

>> No.911161

>>911157
Just kidding. I actually got Vonnegut.

>> No.911163

put in Hemingway excerpt
got Orwell
I think it's legit

>> No.911165

>>911147
I tried some Any Rand excerpts, she never came up as the same person twice.

>> No.911171

looking down i noticed that your pink flesh
became bloodless beneathe the black curls
all in a flash i felt hungry i wanted to drink some milk it almost felt like i was in a desert i was so thirsty
your cunt was like in the summer when it is so hot that you see the heat it distorts the air like a rift in the fabric of the universe
your rift, your cunt
my love

I got James Joyce =)

>> No.911174

This has to be bullshit. I put in some erotica and got JK ROWLING. and then I put in the same story only shorter and got Dan fucking Brown. God damn it.

>> No.911176

Vladimir Nabokov

Awwwwww yeah.

>> No.911178
File: 8 KB, 223x264, 1278332370761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

>> No.911179

>This thing which you know of as "fate" is merely a construct of meaninglessness, a shallow attempt at meaning in a meaningless universe, this "destiny" but an egotistical ploy to make oneself seem larger than they are. The only fate that exists is that which is an immediate result of your free will, the only destiny a result of hard work to achieve a goal.
>
>A Capitalist goal.

I pretty much paraphrased Rand and got Poe. I wonder if Ayn Rand is not in the database...?

Which leads to a frightening thought. What if...

What if some of us are actually Ayn Rands and don't know it?!

>> No.911185

>>911179
I wouldn't know. I refuse to read any of her stuff.

>> No.911197

fuck you chuck

/wrists

>> No.911201

>>911197
my bad, not op... forgot to take off

>> No.911203

>>911178
YOU ARE MY HERO.

Also, @ guy with the erotica, I figured from the intense sexual themes in my more fairy-tale-like novel coming out with Rowling that it is basing this on her last couple of Harry Potter novels. A "raging green beast" trying to escape Harry's chest when he sees a girl a few years younger than him? And a redhead, at that?

And the sexual awkwardness, the bathtub fiasco, the sexual tension between Ron and Hermione...

Yeah, I doubt they have anything closer than Rowling to erotica in the database, but I'll post in Gaiman's "Tastings" and see if I get Gaiman.

>> No.911211
File: 30 KB, 461x320, Hitler is amused.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Full text of Mein Kampf
>get Kurt Vonnegut

>> No.911212

Bit of a short story where I used a lot of Catch-22-esque circular dialogue- J.K. Rowling

Action-formated paragraph out of the beginning of a screenplay- Stephen King

The paragraph from a Pokémon screenplay I did for shits and giggles where I first introduce Giovanni as a character- James Joyce

No, I did not fuck the farts out of Viridian City's gym leader.

>> No.911217
File: 90 KB, 581x700, 104.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>911185
I had to look it up. :-)

I read one or two of her books a looong time ago, circa sixth grade. And I know I am in good company in greatly disliking her in spite of agreeing with her.

Capitalism FTW! (Get the irony? pic related.)

>> No.911223

I put in
1 1キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!! 
It responded with William Shakespeare.

>> No.911229
File: 78 KB, 734x556, 56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>911211
My day just improved by several times.

>> No.911234

>>911217

Putin is a hardcore capitalist, so... no I don't get the irony.

>> No.911238

StOP aTTAckiNG_www.ANoDonuTstalK.sE_rEPLACe DONuTs WItH n
c rxd d dqjyt xjg hbqwe r usm p wxylxqxcowt

>> No.911247

One more, and I'm going to bed.

A bunch of drivel and memes from /b/ returned Margaret Atwood.

Good night, /lit/.

>> No.911277

I'm submitting portions of the last paper I wrote and I've gotten Dan Brown, Isaac Asimov, and James Joyce. I only like one of those choices - Dan Brown has a boring writing style and James Joyce's style is not very good when it comes to communicating ideas. Asimov on the other hand has my love.
I'd like to know how it determines this, it's hard to think of style as something that can be broken down and examined through software.

>> No.911298

I can only possibly be based on sentence structure. There's no way for it to analyze content

>> No.911300

>>910313
sTop ATtackiNg_wWw.aNodONUtsTAlk.sE REpLacE DONuts wITH_n
gvgk ltvii cg aaaa qvqwys h j w ohuto

>> No.911302

You write like
Hunter S. Thompson.

>> No.911311

>>911302
GOD DAMN ANIMALS!

>> No.911317
File: 10 KB, 236x322, Shift gear light.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've gotten Salinger and Joyce.

>> No.911342
File: 41 KB, 427x640, desmond.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Put in quote from Morpheus - Vladimir Nabokov
>Put in quote from Neo - Isaac Asimov
>My face when I put in a quote from Agent Smith, thinking it'd be something incredible and it was - Dan Brown

>> No.911350

2839283 2379267362 37298367926 327327372 3627983672 6327863728637263627863 2 - William Shakespeare

$^&*$^ (*$(*$&^$ #()#)*#^ (*$^(^$ )(*#&#^&^# $$^$^$^ #)(#)#&&^ {}|{|:|}{}{{}P}{P} - H. P. Lovecraft

hurr durrr

>> No.911353

Margaret Atwood was what I ggot when I put in an exceprt from Twilight.

Fuck you Margaret Atwood.

>> No.911379

Mario Puzo.
o_o;

>> No.911387

Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk. not sure what to think of this

>> No.911393

I put in a random selection of /b/ and ended up with Stephen King, which seems appropriate.

My partial YA ended up with James Joyce twice, different selections.

>> No.911425

blog entry full of hate and cursewords: Shakespeare

a short piece of a story I wrote for highschool years ago: S. King

>> No.911442

I got Raymond Chandler and Dan Brown...god dammit lol

>> No.911459

>>910483
Yeah, no offense, but I'll bet money nobody would confuse your writing with Shakespeare's. I got JK Rowling with this (made up on the spot for the site)

I was facing the window, looking out over the street as it bustled with people, alone, or grouped in twos or threes, maneuvering around each other like detritus in a stream; at the start of the day, the street outside my office building was invariably busy until nine or ten am, then it was, in the heat of the day, fairly deserted save messengers, window-shoppers, and other poor people until five pm, when my building and its neighbors disgorged the swarms that had stuffed them in the morning. I was watching a man and woman, vigorously gesticulating (she making sweeping, circling movements with outstretched arms; he jabed and pointed his finger at her chest) when I heard the faint breeze of my office door opening, followed by a staccato of heels clapping quickly nearer. "Hi Jeannine," I said as I turned to my assistant. "How's the coffee this morning?".
I drew down the corners of my smile when I saw Jeannine had stopped a yard from my desk, behind the chairs that faced it. Her eyes were dark and wet, her cheeks were flushed, her bottom lip almost imperceptively quivering. She opened her mouth slightly, a sound that was almost a word came out, then her mouth was shut again. Her eyes never left my face. I came around my desk to stand closer (but not too much so) to the woman who for the past four years had been been my right hand and my right eye. My voice was cautiously hurried; I tinged it with concern. "What's wrong?"
A pause. "I'm resigning," she said. Another pause."I'm sorry I can't give you my two weeks."
"Ok," I said. "That's fine, fine...what's happened? What's the matter? Surely I haven't..."
"It's not you". Her eyes locked with mine, then grew hard. "I'm dying."

>> No.911524

Posted something in spanish and said I wrote like Dan Brown.

Señor Brown.

>> No.911583

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>Raymond Chandler

>wat

>> No.911586

Originally, (no special words): Douglas Adams
Added the word "quasar" to the end of it: HP Lovecraft
Add the word "socialism:" George Orwell
Add "magic wand:" JK Rowling
Add "pegasus:" Vladimir Nabokov
Add "Fuck:" Stephen King

wow, what does this say about how finicky this analyzer is, and what it thinks about these authors?

>> No.911587

>>911524

>no hablo ingles, señor, talvez pueda pedir ayuda en algun otro lugar

>Mark Twain

>> No.911609

>Harry Potter fanfiction.
>Get J. K. Rowling.

>> No.911638

mary came to my house, we played all day long and had icecream: James Joyce

mary came to my house, we played all day long and we saw a quasar: Ernest Hemingway

mary came to my house, we played all day long and we talked about socialism: Kurt Vonnegut

mary came to my house, we played all day long and found a magic wand: J. K. Rowling

mary came to my house, we played all day long and pet a pegasus: Vladimir Nabokov

mary came to my house, we played all day long and fucked: James Joyce

>> No.911652

I am James Joyce.

I'm calling bullshit.

>> No.911678
File: 17 KB, 541x404, iwl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Interesting...

>> No.911684

>>911678
Has anyone else gotten her yet? Interesting. I wonder what it is about your writing that made it choose her.

>> No.911686

I write like Tao Lin. I already know this. I don't have to take a dumb generic quiz.

>> No.911693

>>911638
This is beautiful.

>> No.911717

I typed in the first stanza of "Annabel Lee"

Got Nabokov...coincidence?

>> No.911725

dan brown and charles dickens

>> No.911742

Margaret Atwood. Wat.

>> No.911744

I got james joyce, im not no james joyce.

>> No.911748

I put an excerpt from stephen king and got kurt vonnegut.

>> No.911752

Tried 3 different ones.

JD Salinger

James Joyce

Chuck Palahniuk

>> No.911761

I wrote a small essay on writing tips for a friend yesterday, but I can't find where I placed it now. Since I haven't written anything in forever, I just copied and pasted Facebook statuses, and apparently from a collection of three of them, the site said I write like Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm saddened to say I haven't read any of his works although I've been meaning to. Recommendations?

>> No.911762

>>911761
Cat's Cradle

>> No.911771

Posted some summaries for some Holmes stories.

Doyle.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

>> No.911785

>>911771
>>911761
Read sirens of titan after cat's cradle, then the short story collection (monkey house something something)

>> No.911831

I put in a poem written by Borges and got James Joyce.

I put in a poem written by James Joyce and got Shakespeare.

I put in something by Terry Pratchett and got Raymond Chandler.

>> No.911850

James Joyce. I posted a movie review.

>> No.911871

I pasted the first paragraph of Stephanie Meyers' Twilight and it came back with Stephen King

Not bad, not bad.

>> No.911872

Percy Bysshe Shelley writes like H.P. Lovecraft. Who knew?

>> No.911876

I put in some of my own writing and got Dan Brown.

Going to go kill myself now, bye.

>> No.911896

I pasted the first paragraph of Catcher in the Rye and I got... J. D. Salinger.

This website is good.

>> No.911994
File: 12 KB, 395x152, SS-2010-07-14_00.48.40.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.911997

>>911994
I find this odd because I wrote a paragraph about Marxism.

>> No.912019
File: 11 KB, 404x150, SS-2010-07-14_00.55.13.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First page of The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

>> No.912030
File: 12 KB, 404x152, SS-2010-07-14_00.58.16.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Page from the Communist Manifesto.

>> No.912052
File: 11 KB, 396x148, SS-2010-07-14_01.01.12.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A couple of pages of If I Did IT, I geuss now we know who ghost wrote it.

>> No.912062
File: 22 KB, 447x171, Picture 11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a horrible writer, how did this happen.

>> No.912089
File: 29 KB, 424x252, Screenshot-I Write Like Bram Stoker - Chromium.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i wonder what it will say about my twilight fanfic

>> No.912133

I wrote a string of random, vulgar words, I write like Stephen King.

>> No.912147

James Joyce apparently

haven't read any of his stuff though

>> No.912189

>DERP DERP DERP DERP etc

>James Fenimore Cooper

Who?

>> No.912196

I apparently write like Kurt Vonnegut. The following is what I wrote, as an original, for the test sans editing. It was tragic at first, the slow burning pain searing throughout the rest of my body. As with all good tragedies though it bordered on the comedic. Don't worry I kept up the front for friends and family, the look of the pathetic bedridden dying man they thought me to be, as a lay there looking up at them. What they couldn't understand is the sheer hilarious beauty of the freedom gained through finality. As they dropped of their flowers and held my hand, inwardly I smiled. Smiled so deeply as I had known from day one what I was gonna do when the time came. I lay in wait like a panther, a wounded animal, which is what I was, is the most dangerous and they would have done well to remember that. Those doctors and nurses I watched so closely for the slightest quiver, the most imperceptible offensive gesture. I knew the day would come, with such tiny imperfections being my goal I tallied them from the first week. It could have been a mild look of disdain or a fake smile; in the meantime I created a point system for each offense. Five points would be give for an offending glance, ten for errors in changing my tubing or moving me in a way that caused pain.

>> No.912201

Apparently Sylvia Plath's Daddy poem is Kurt Vonnegut style.

>> No.912233

>>912196
Also, never actually read Kurt Vonnegut, but I heard he was similar to Twain, and I lovvvvvvvveee Twain.

>> No.912375
File: 35 KB, 406x217, H.G. Wells.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got H.G. Wells.

Never read his stuff. I guess that's good.

>> No.912924

>>912876
lolol

>> No.912948

>>911686
GO TO SLEEP TAO LIN

>> No.912981

>>912948
>implying Tao Lin sleeps