[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x386, 4L_XRkaNN2y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9078055 No.9078055 [Reply] [Original]

So how do I really stop procrastinating? I have tonnes of free time and want to learn more maths and programming and I know which books I want to use but I have been putting things off for months and months. Similarly with stopping all junk food and finally letting my lifting gains show.

My main hobbies are driving around feeling bad about life while drinking coffee, browsing the internet, and eating junk food. Also going for walks and feeling bad about life.

Deep down I can easily see through the bullshit. I mean productivity systems and things that are a waste of time, such as boring books or books of with trivial information. I know that manufacturing consent will be boring and could be easily summarised in ten pages. I know that the republic will be filled with trivial and fallacious nonsense that is just one out of infinitely many possible opinions about society. Yet I feel obligated to read both and God help you if you mention your dislike in public.

But there are always ten trillion people ready to tell you that you should read 100+ boring as fuck books or else you're a pleb. And so on for a million other activities. It's like mental warfare.

It's like I have a perfectly good bullshit detector and opinions about what is worthwhile but get demoralised because society wants to sell me shit ("Read those 50 books! Buy that newspaper! Go travelling or else you're dumb! Learn that foreign language!").

I did well in education until the final few years of university where I stopped putting in any effort. I stupidly picked my nearest university which now feels like being branded an idiot by society even though it's ranked in the top 150 universities in the world (it had a low standard of curriculum). And I am too autistic and ugly to pass any job interviews.

>> No.9078060

u need to get laid