[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x386, 1422987116330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8964359 No.8964359 [Reply] [Original]

How do I actually take advantage of all my free time and make myself work hard? For the past year it seems my main hobby is to borrow my mum's car, browse 4chan on my phone, drink tonnes of coffee and do very little work.

It just seems so fucking unbearable to imagine that I am literally paddling in the middle of an ocean of possibilities and reaching any shore will take hours and hours of painstaking paddling. And there's fog everywhere and I'm on my own.

I just feel so cucked no matter what I do. I studied applied maths today because I feel like a cuck for not knowing enough and while doing it I felt like a cuck for not doing something that would immediately lead to money. I feel cucked for sitting at home and I feel cucked being in busy places near Chad and Stacey couples.

I have never done anything outside of a structured environment. I always just follow the path given to me (though I barely did any work near the end of my degree, which was kind of freethinking of me, though mainly due to laziness). I have no patience. Everything seems either too trivial to bother with or immensely frustrating and beyond me.

What is there to do these days? It's either software or finance you are a peon. I am not ignorant. I look at who the successful famous people are. It's the same every time. Either software stuff or VC / hedge fund stuff. That's it.

I just can't be assed. I am lazy. I walked in to the computer science section of a library and saw ten trillion gigantic introductory text books, all for important topics.

People are always out to attack you if you haven't watched that movie or read that book or seen that play. It's all psychological warfare. Starbucks, Coca Cola, McDonalds, these are the most honest organisations in the world today, far ahead of all the universities. They sell you the products and you can judge them how you want and you have no further pressures. Universities are a caste branding system subsidised by the government.

>> No.8964363
File: 7 KB, 247x250, Czd8XH2UcAApD5H.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8964387

honestly op you just gotta do stuff that you wanna do and not think about whether it's good. naturally you get better at everything over time. there's no need for taking a global view of what you spend you're time doing, just decide what you wanna do now. you develop patience and every other capacity as a human by practice.

go play a guitar or something

also stop doing this cuck meme, the only person you have to answer to is yourself

>> No.8964397

>>8964359
/adv/?

>> No.8964399

I recommend a change in location. You can't possibly spend all your time at your mum's. Btw how old are you. If you're just another dumb 21 year old you really shouldn't be so sad. Go travel or something. Do some stupid shit whole you can. Realistically most people after 25 have settled into careers and are kind of stuck. As you get older, the enthusiasm for doing dumb but adventurous shit also fades as you begin to really confront your own mortality.

Well that's how it's been in my experience.

>> No.8964402

this is the academic-publishing-industrial complex or whatever shitposter, remember to sage and report all of his posts

>> No.8964451

>>8964359
Its hard senpai. Go overseas and work teaching esl senpai, ez to do. Then you won't be at your moms place and you will force yourself to face a challenge every time you leave the house.

Try to keep to a reading schedule. Jumping around all over the place isn't so bad... If you actually ever get into a conversation with a real human you will understand. Its good to know a little about a lot of things.

Lastly, stay far away from /pol/ as it is a trap. You will be stuck in an alt-right fantasy realm for years and you will be unable to relate to the outside world at all.