[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 250x247, 1461130726099s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8943958 No.8943958[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I really feel like giving up on every single book that doesn't either give me immediate enjoyment or raise my pseudo intellectual cred among the pseuds.

Fuck the academia-media-publishing industrial complex telling me that I have to care about some New Yorker / NYROB / LROB, Oxbridge / HYP attending, former public / prep schooler's self indulgent, narcissistic, and barely disguised memoirs and pretend that it is both entertaining and informative and philosophically profound and somehow I'm supposed to give a shit about them when none of them give a shit about me (yeah, it's 2016, I can say that, deal with it).

I'm tired of being told that I have to read shitloads of stuff to be smart while those pseuds have done nothing intellectual in their lives and live the bohemian fuckfest life in London or New York while pretending they're above it.

We have the internet, stop pretending that reading means shit in an age where chopping down trees and to make a book is an anachronism. Stop pretending that 99.9 % of non fiction books can't be summarised easily.

>> No.8944031

>>8943958 (You)

>> No.8944084

True

>> No.8944129

>>8943958
Yeah, fuck John Green