[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 198 KB, 850x687, 1443563712326.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8935068 No.8935068 [Reply] [Original]

Tips/Discussion on keeping up with writing consistency when you live in a place of little privacy? I recently had to move back in with the parents temporarily because I got laid off from a job, and at my parents, there is almost zero privacy. Horrible layout to the house where you hear everybody. My dad is also without work and is home all the time, and he is naggy and talks extremely loud. Trying to look for a job in this environment is annoying enough as it is, but what about writing?

Shout out to all the parents of toddlers and all that other gay shit.

>> No.8935096

>>8935068
why dont you just get a cheap laptop and go to a library

especially lib art colleges ... there's one near me, they have a library because i guess that's what colleges do, but noone ever goes there since you don't really do much book studyin for lib arts, so it's always completely deserted

technically you need a student ID to get in but noone gives a fuck

also cafes, gas stations, some friend's basement / garage, your car, literally how have you not figured something out already

>> No.8935133
File: 26 KB, 500x438, 1482166313650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8935096
There is a library near here. And a nice coffee shop.

When I'm gone from home for more than thirty minutes, though, my father starts calling and asking if I'm okay and when I'm gonna make it back because he doesn't want to wait too long to eat dinner, etc. It is that bad.

I'm intending to set my own "writing time" in the evenings where I put on some headphones and try to ignore the "hey anon, hey anon" hollering that happens when I don't show my face for over fifteen minutes.

>> No.8935220

>>8935133
You should just tell him you are going to be at this place for this amount of time and it has horrible phone service or something