[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 236x316, bfa708dd085f775f35a70a310c4ad594.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8912824 No.8912824 [Reply] [Original]

I finally read this meme. it mostly came together for me after rereading some beginning sections, but other parts are still confusing.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

>how was Gately seemingly recalling future events while delerious on the hospital bed (wrt grave digging with Hal and presumably John Wayne)

>what was in JOI's head, IJ or the 'anti-entrrtainment', and how was there even a head, considering the, grissly microwave map elimination?

>what is the significance of the objects being moved all over ETA and particularly in Stice's room (eg bed on ceiling)?

>> No.8913006

>>8912824
The wraith is omniscient and is mind-melding with Gately

There is a skull. Think Hamlet. Most likely, according to the will in an endnote, the Master cartridge was in the skull.

Wraith signalling. The details of each object don;t really matter. Getting to "JOI-possessed Stice versus Hal" at the Whataburger was the Wraith's ultimate goal.

>> No.8914289

>>8913006
wait, stice is possessed by James/the wraith?

I always thought that stice was simply the epicentre of the wraith's activities.

how does this reconcile with him getting his face stuck to the window?

>> No.8914380
File: 744 KB, 773x879, kermit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DFWs critique of pomo seems faceless to me considering he falls into literally every pomo trope possible besides the overbearing irony.

like, IJ is a mess of symbols, open ends, leaving interpretation essentially pointless. i like IJ, but there is no possible way i could summarize its themes or statement. i doubt anyone really could. which is fine, but when hes the posterboy for "new sincerity", it makes it difficult to rationalize the movement.

>> No.8914390

>>8914289
The extent of the possession isnt known. the whole point of stice being possessed, however, is Hal matching against him at the Whataburger (i believe). Some sort of communication between Father and Son through the sport.

>>8912824
What did that symbol even represent?

>> No.8914435

>>8912824
someone post the link already or has /lit/ fallen this low since I've been gone