[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 418x351, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8891485 No.8891485 [Reply] [Original]

Hello, /lit/. Hope you are all doing fine today.

I come here in search of books recommendations. You see, I've had a pretty rough year in terms of depression and bad thoughts, which unfortunately made me quit my reading habit, since reading would not keep my attention for too long before sending me on a downward spiral of angst and excessive overthinking.
I am feeling a lot better now, which has then allowed me to come back to reading, but I sure am rusty, so I was hoping you guys could rec me something that will have me fully envolved in the plot and grab my attention for days. Im currently reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat, which is more of my field of work, but I wanted some fiction as well. I was thinking of The Stand or Game of Thrones (books Ive been wanting to read since ever), but Im not so sur about it.
Anyways, could you please rec me anything you want that you think will please me and keep me entertained?

Thank you very much!

>> No.8892799
File: 571 KB, 1627x2572, 1471734056099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>The Stand or Game of Thrones
Trash.
Read War and Peace or The Brothers Karamazov or Crime and Punishment.
Any novel by Dostoevsky or Tolstoy will give you insight on how to deal with the psychological hardships you faced. Commit time to reading the Russians and you'll be alright.

>> No.8892830

>>8892799
>Any novel by Dostoevsky
Reading Notes From Underground is what started me crawling out of the depression headspace, since I completely identified with the underground man's thinking and I didn't want to get swallowed by it myself.

>> No.8892870

>>8892830
this desu

C&P is also pretty helpful, I think. It also has a pretty fast-paced plot which makes it a good candidate for OP