[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 250x247, 1461130726099s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8859371 No.8859371[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I am slowly coming to terms with how full of shit everything and everyone is.

You can't even read a book and, after being bored to death by page 200, call it boring and go do something else. There are 9001 academics and journalists and other pseudointellectuals ready to call you a pleb.

I've read wealth of nations to page 200 and it's literally nothing but painstakingly slow anecdotes about increased supply lowering prices and decreased supply raising prices. It's boring as shit trivial anecdotes yet I will be called a pleb for saying that.

I am at about page 350 of a Dickens book and even though its paid by the word turgid aimless nonsense I will be called a pleb for saying that. Even though Dickens wrote for people with less formal education than 10 year olds today, pseudointellectuals pretend that reading him is a sign of intelligence and that you need ten PhDs to understand him. THAT is how high pseudointellectualism has progressed.

I read Plato and he spent 80 pages wondering whether names are just labels or whether they properly describe (or match) the nature of what they name... I'm not even fucking joking. Yet people will defend this.

I don't want to dwell on books but shit permeates everywhere.

My engineering degree was just introductory maths and physics and chemistry class plus a load of stamp collecting brain-dead corporate wagecuck training courses.

You're told that work is noble... yet people look down on me and laugh at me for working in a retailcuck job.

You are 90 % judged on what university you went to. My one was ranked in the world's top 150 (I only chose it because it was nearest to me) and I still feel like a prole who has been branded as an idiot.

>> No.8859377

>>8859371
Okay, now return to your anime and 'vidya', dear

>>>/r9k/

>> No.8859383

>>8859371
>getting stuck at Cratylus
spicy bait

>> No.8859397

>>8859383
He's not even baiting, he's just the most pathetic human in existence

>>/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=retailcuck

Suicide when?

>> No.8859423

>>8859371
>reading Dickens and Adam Smith

there's your problem. Read shit you like and don't be afraid to drop books if they don't interest you. Or stop reading, nobody really cares but you

>> No.8859444

why would you read a 500+ page book on capitalism from the 1700s you dumb fuck

read what interests you. read YA literature if that interests you. that's a real man.