[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x386, 4L_XRkaNN2y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8717334 No.8717334[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I feel such like a useless pathetic loser when reading or watching a movie. I'm consuming and not producing. All the good looking Instagram people and famous people on twitter and rich people and people are living the life yet I do nothing all day.

I hate being told that I have to read 9001 books or else I'm dumb.

My existential crisis is powerful. Almost all jobs are meaningless, even the rich or sought after ones. The only people I respect are STEM researchers but I did a shitty engineering degree and can't bear not being rich so I can't be a physicist or mathematician. Almost all jobs are worthless intellectually. Being a doctor gives only social capital, it is an unintellectual job. Even actors are big faggoty pretenders.

The reason women never have existential crises is because to them attention is like sex for men, so they are constantly orgasming everywhere they go.

Being unattractive makes my life harder than yours. I don't have the motivation to eat healthily at all. The only reason I'm not morbidly obese is because I go to the gym a lot and lift lots of weights but I only do it out of habit. I don't want to acknowledge habits or follow schedules or have long term goals because they take away my feeling of having free will.

I haven't read anything insightful or mind opening for a long time and have realised that philisophy consists of just flailing about in the space of unfalsifiable thoughts.

>> No.8717353

Is this copy pasta? First time on lit

>> No.8717631
File: 2.15 MB, 625x900, pepehulkpoopwave.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sorry buddy. have another pepe.

>> No.8717650

>>8717334
Same but also poorfag in a thirld world shithole
feels bad man

>> No.8717659

>>8717334
>have realised that philisophy consists of just flailing about in the space of unfalsifiable thoughts.

Anon, everyone realizes this going INTO philosophy. Maybe youre mentally retarded on top of all else.

>> No.8717718

>>8717334
>being this pleb

>> No.8717737

>>8717334
Stop posting this.

>> No.8717779
File: 6 KB, 125x125, 1453264626544s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8717334
seriously bro smoke a doob or something

not even memeing

>> No.8717790

>>8717334
well I can see your POV but look at it like this,

in life you have winners and losers

givers and takers

consumers and creators

The masses consume and the rich create and do what they want

Don't feel bad about it, enjoy it

>> No.8717797

>>8717334
Produce something and keep producing. if you want meaning in your life create something that will give it meaning. If you wanna write a book write one if you wanna make a movie make one. Build something with your hands learn everything you can and then die. Otherwise you're just a pussy who's too afraid to fail.

>> No.8717802

>>8717334
Free will is for niggers and degenerates. You have freedom of thought and ideas but you need to create some kind of structure to thrive in.

>> No.8717826

>>8717334
You sound really vain. What actually makes you happy, other than comparing yourself to other people?

>> No.8717842

>>8717334
>I'm consuming and not producing
so produce?
>Almost all jobs are meaningless
way off the mark
>shitty engineering degree
lots of people would love to be able to get a degree in engineering
>can't bear not being rich
so why do you do "nothing all day"?

>> No.8718740 [DELETED] 

>>8717334
Yes, the true nature of the world is shallow and cold.

Being physically attractive is the most important part of life. Everything else is secondary. As much as we try to convince ourselves otherwise, we are still primal, disgusting creatures controlled by impulse.

This world is about transactional value. What can you bring to the table? Women don't need to think about this because by their very nature they will have desperate men lining up for them. They don't need to bring anything to the table other than the warm area between their legs. People who bring nothing to the table are ruthlessly discarded by society and its inhabitants. When it comes down to it nobody truly cares about each other. They care about themselves, and when they say they care about others, what they really mean is that they care about the way the other person makes them feel. We are all selfish, vain, disgusting creatures and I hate every single person on this planet, none more than myself.

>> No.8718744

>>8718740
I hope this is pasta otherwise I hope you one day will find agroup of well adjusted, caring friends

>> No.8718746
File: 235 KB, 500x500, WNm7eVb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8717334
Damn, pretty true actually. But there is nothing to do but keep hustlin' and working to keep making it. Whether it keeps reading or working out. What engineering did you do? It can be intellectual if you go for some of the consulting or academic jobs. You can even get rich if you find a patent solution to some problem.

>> No.8718748

>>8717334
Yes, the true nature of the world is shallow and cold.

Being physically attractive is the most important part of life. Everything else is secondary. As much as we try to convince ourselves otherwise, we are still primal, disgusting creatures controlled by impulse.

This world is about transactional value. What can you bring to the table? Women don't need to think about this because by their very nature they will have desperate men lining up for them. They don't need to bring anything to the table other than the warm area between their legs. People who bring nothing to the table are ruthlessly discarded by society and its inhabitants. When it comes down to it nobody truly cares about each other. They care about themselves, and when they say they care about others, what they really mean is that they care about the way the other person makes them feel.

I used to believe we were selfish, vain, disgusting creatures and I used to hate every single person on this planet, none moreso than myself. But eventually I accepted things for the way they are. Who am I to judge humanity for what it is? Who am I to act as a moral compass for everyone else? Things just are. Our idea of what is good and bad is entirely subjective.

We say killing someone is bad, but how can we say that when we don't know what happens when we die? Perhaps we are in a perpetual state of suffering, and killing someone is putting them out of their suffering.

We don't know anything about good or bad. I've been much happier since I've accepted what the world is. I spent my teenage years with nothing but anger and contempt towards humanity, but now I realise that most people are deserving of pity, not anger. They cannot see the true nature of the world in which they live and they will never truly be happy.

I have managed to mentally disconnect from the rat race around me, while still being able to participate at a high level. I am outcome independent, failure and success are not important. The important thing is pushing myself and cultivating discipline, at whatever I do. It comforts me to do this everyday, and while happy might be an exaggeration, I believe I am finally content.

>> No.8718952
File: 176 KB, 1354x325, 2016-11-13_05-40-18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8717334
Hey anon, I'm not il/lit/erate, I just happened to come across your post tonight. I know it's probably no consolation to you, but, it's like you took the words right out of my mouth, every single point. There's at least one other person out there who thinks and feels these thoughts as you do.

I've screenshotted your post for my own permanent personal viewing.

As for solutions? I myself think some subtle, pervasive force speaks to me and influences me, like fate or something. I'm a nihilist, but sometimes events are too "coincidental" to be just accidents. It's like there's a plan/purpose I have that I'm not yet aware of. I can't think on my own of reasons to live; but the universe or whatever it is seems to have the answers I need, and I think it's worthwhile to wait for them to finally come out with it. So that's what I'm doing.

>> No.8719005
File: 29 KB, 522x419, nietzche and qt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8717802
>Free will
meme
free will does not exist as its just one organs (like some thought in mind), giving orders to other organs, so body is not really free, its slave of needs. Also there is no evidence that "i think" exists, and thoughts arent just random