[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 320x500, spook_country.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
868292 No.868292 [Reply] [Original]

What does /lit/ think about this?

>> No.868295

:D

>> No.868332

never read

WAT ABOUT?

>> No.868350

Had such a long build up but just ended suddenly. I had about twenty-thirty pages left when I realised it was just going to stop abruptly.
The actual book itself was pretty cool, I read it on a train one Sunday morning while heading to the south of Italy from Rome. The whole subplot of a family of Cubans that were raised to be spies from birth was cool, the old men from the cold war playing chess with the world it was all pretty decent. The only problem I had was the sudden ending.

>> No.868372

The last few chapters should have just been a short story.

>> No.869803

I did attempt reading this last Summer but stopped at Chapter 20 after I realized that not much was going on and what was going on made little sense.

I'd like to try reading it again, but I'm afraid I'll just fall into the same trap.

>> No.869830

Drenched in atmosphere, very cool characters, plot was shit. Gibson has always been fantastic at world building. I also liked that Vancouver features in this novel. Not since The Winter Market.

>> No.869849

Really enjoyed it, thought it was loads better than Pattern Recognition.

>> No.869855

>>869830
>The Winter Market

Awesome short story.