[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x386, 4L_XRkaNN2y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8674142 No.8674142[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do I stop feeling guilty about not working non stop? Apart from things all humans do plus going to the gym, I feel guilty about any of my habits. And I have no goals.

I want to read books but I feel guilty about reading a set number of pages a day. I am worried about being called a pleb for not reading ten trillion boring Western canon novels. I feel like an ADD pleb for rarely reading more than 60 pages at a time. I hate that I'm more likely to put a book down at the end of a chapter.

Similarly for working. I know I could always be working to become better off. I know that people who talk about taking breaks are just lying to themselves. I feel bad for not having the willpower necessary to wotk non stop on one thing for 10 hours.

And the funny thing is that I'm a Stirnerite. When you stay unspooked then everyone else's belief system feels like a personal attack. Fuck these people who say that X is so important. X is always working hard / enjoying yourself / focusing on one thing / focusing on many things / reading history / classics / philosophy / other shit.

The awful thing is that I know everyone else is a fraud. That NFL player who everyone loves and says is hardworking has never read a book. That mathematics professor known as a genius is a disgusting dyel. That literary figures who goes on about Shakespeare being a god doesn't know any maths or science greater than an 18 year old yet claims to be worldly. That billionaire who goes on about humanity's big issues does nothing but write checks for people who make social media apps.

>> No.8674161

Just dont. Do your best. Keep in mind that spare time is also a part of personal growth, by being idle you are, in an informal way, also cultivating yourself/your mind. People are stupid and striving for status, that's why it seems odd to you that they're 'succesful' despite not meeting your standards

>> No.8674164

wow haha you read?
so cool

>> No.8674167

>The awful thing is that I know everyone else is a fraud.
t. Holden

>> No.8674170

Is this sunday pasta?

>> No.8674235
File: 1.38 MB, 480x270, 1463729163987.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

-
>>8674142
>the athlete isn't smart
>the mathematician isn't strong
>the humanities expert knows nothing about mathematics
>calls these people frauds
>Claims he's unspooked

Get your shit straight, anon.
In any case just do what you want, if you were an egoist then you would know that.

>> No.8674239

>>8674142
If you ask me bro, just keep at it. You will become the ultimate god in a few years.

>> No.8674262

>>8674142

>And the funny thing is that I'm a Stirnerite. When you stay unspooked then everyone else's belief system feels like a personal attack. Fuck these people who say that X is so important. X is always working hard / enjoying yourself / focusing on one thing / focusing on many things / reading history / classics / philosophy / other shit.

Sorry chief, you are literally too stupid to solve any of your problems. Die alone, frog poster. Eat shit and die alone. The world is better off without you.

>> No.8674348

I fell for this pasta last week