[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 193 KB, 400x600, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8610991 No.8610991 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone here read Young Hitler by Claus Hant? Apparently it's one of the few books that examines his early life without ridiculous bias in either direction (i.e. not the stormfag direction of 'he was literally the messiah!' or the normie 'he wuz liderally hidler xD')

No, I'm not a nazi sympathiser, but I'm interested in why he became the way he did, and almost everything else I've read on the matter has been incomplete so far.

>> No.8611005

He literally was Hitler though.

>> No.8611032

Is it kinda like Young Indiana Jones?

>> No.8611189

>>8611032
Kekd

>> No.8611232

>>8610991

I have not read the book but Hitler became the way he did probably because of a combination of factors. Psychological issues arising from complicated family matters, economic hard ship, exposure to war. In harsh times people need someone to blame and look up to. An in group bias develops and the majority feast upon the minority. It's not very interesting or fascinating it's just a combination of various factors.

>> No.8611411

>>8611232

I think I would rather hear Claus Hant explain it than your expert opinion.

>> No.8611412

>>8611411
Same tbqh

>> No.8611808
File: 45 KB, 327x499, 51GY3Inv2pL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8610991
I'm reading John Tolands Adolf Hitler biography and it's absolutely amazing. No bias, no bullshit so far. Just Adolf.

I sympathize with a young Adolf Hitler in Vienna.

>> No.8611850

>>8610991
>without ridiculous bias in either direction
One of the things I hate about my country (Germany) is the demonisation of Hitler. Now don't get me wrong, Clearly what he did was awful, but I think the way he is portrayed is beyond wrong in this Country. There is only one way you are allowed to show Hitler: As a roaring, yelling, spitting monster that shrieks about drowning them in their own blood. That's how he is, that's how he was all the time and if you say something different you're a nazi, and of course as soon as someone in germany calls you a nazi the conversation is over. Not because they stooped to such a low level but because you're the nazi now. Like Hitler everything you say now is stupid, angry and evil. It is actually a somewhat common occurrence to assassinate someones position and believability by constantly trying to make him look like a nazi. If you actually get him to deny being one, it's pretty much over.

Anyway, the point is: Hitler was a Human. he had dreams and hopes, he had ideas and he even loved. He joked and could be silly, he could be sad and he could be angry. Like all of us. Of course it all escalated in a misguided idea of what would be right for germany and the world but I think it is wrong to just shrug it away as "This one guy was a super monster and he tricked the whole country into war" It is important to see the whole thing. If we deny that hitler was human, we are destined to repeat these mistakes. After all, Hitler was a roaring spitting maniac Monster, but not this guy. No this new guy is clearly human, and his talk against these other people makes a lot more sense...

>> No.8613323

Was Hitler a genius?

>> No.8613469

>>8611850
>being sentimental about hitler
you can find the most fucked up rapist/pedophile/murderer and i guarantee you'll find some human qualities in them.

you're acting like some retarded naive girl who wants to change the asshole bad-boy and unsurprisingly gets fucked over, you choose to diminish the blatant fucked up aspects of someone and magnify the few positive ones.

if you're on the alt-reich then that wouldn't surprise me but if you actually give a shit about humanity then you should realize that being an apologist for their kind is the lowest you can go.

>> No.8613487

>>8613469
way to totally misinterpret that post

>> No.8613556
File: 36 KB, 324x268, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8613469
He is advocating a non-sentimental view on Hitler.
The message of the post also certainly isn't alt-right, as he argues for a critical view of modern demagogues, and actually implicitly likens them to Hitler.
This guy is by no means a Hitler apologist, and perhaps you should contemplate ending your miserable life instead of shaming people smarter than you.

>> No.8613575

>>8613487
i didn't though.
you're a hitler apologist of the weakest degree.

it doesn't take much effort to imagine what makes a human do fucked up things. they're not happy and instead of trying to get happy they get angry and blame whoever they can blame for their unhappiness, 4chan is basically that case study.
hitler should be viewed as a fucked up human being because he was exactly that, this middle-ground nonsense of viewing everyone equally is fucking stupid, i'm not equal nor will i sympathize with a child molester just because he has the ability to be sad or angry or have hopes and dreams. i mean i get that you want to be special and have alternative views, but maybe if you tried harder you could find an alternative view that's actually worth something.

>> No.8613921

>>8613575
>you're a hitler apologist of the weakest degree
You're on a literature board, yet your reading comprehension is woeful. Also
>muh emotions dictate everything, ain't nobody got time to critically think about the more nuanced parts of life because CHILD MOLESTERS AND SHIT
It's a strange world we live in where a person can literally deny the existence of a fellow human's humanity just because they did some evil things. You do realise that commiting a rape or murder doesn't magically transmute people into bloodthirsty monsters, right? You are aware that vampires and ghouls and all sorts of spooky monsters don't actually exist?
Adolf Hitler wasn't a monster from a fairy tale. He was a bad man, but he wasn't a deranged serial killer that danced on the corpses of Jews and had pagan blood orgies and child sacrifices every Friday night. He was a pretty regular dude who liked dogs and was a hardcore vegan, and also happened to be the guy responsible for the biggest war in the history of mankind as well as the Genocide (with a capital G). Not one of our best humans, but nonetheless he was a human.

>> No.8613996

>>8613921
>>8613575
you're both wrong, OP is saying that dehumanizing hitler was bad not because he was secretly a 'normal good guy' or whatever but because by dehumanizing him you allow similar figures to come about and gain power because no one ever appears constantly monstrous.

>> No.8614073

Haven't heard of this, thanks for posting.

I've researched Hitler's youth a great deal and I assume the author here would have relied on Kubizek's "The Young Hitler I Knew" as his primary reference / resource.

>> No.8614218

>>8611005
underrated