[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.16 MB, 1600x2123, 711a6d8ce1da7cd1a45730c20aafd785.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8570035 No.8570035 [Reply] [Original]

The only people who should write books are people with proven experience and applicable skill in a particular subject / area, and a truly unique outlook on something.

Do you think you have that? Why?

>> No.8570056

>>8570035
>le you aren't special unless i--a random fag on the internet--say you are maymay

You're an oxygen thief.

>> No.8570076

>>8570056
You dodged the question and assumed I implied something I didn't. I just want to know what people of /lit/ think of themselves.

>> No.8570080

>>8570076
The question is a retarded one and you'd be better off asking yourself why anyone should play this faggy little game of yours. Why should anyone justify themselves to you?

>> No.8570103

>>8570080
>The question is a retarded one
How do you figure? It's open ended, lets you reflect on yourself and share a little. There's been worse threads.

My guess why you are being particularly bitchy is because you don't really have anything to contribute.

>> No.8570116

>>8570035
>The only people who should write books are people with proven experience and applicable skill in a particular subject / area, and a truly unique outlook on something.

The only people who should write books are those who can write a good book. You don't have to have unique edgy experiences to write good and interesting prose. You can use your imagination for many things. Most people have enough experience in them to write from an interesting perspective if they're able enough to access that perspective with enough imagination.

The only skill people need is to be able to write narrative fiction.

Your criteria really only applies to non fiction, and even then, if you're a good enough journalist it changes things.

>> No.8570119

The only people who should post here are people above 16.

>> No.8571121

>>8570116
>The only people who should write books are those who can write a good book
I agree with that, but writing a good book still takes experience and good articulate skill. Your imagination is limited by genetics, but also your experience.

If you notice, most of the indie books out there nowadays are horribly shallow, and it's because the writers of those books are participating in it for money, not because they have something they want to say (i.e. an experience they feel compelled to share). You either write because you feel compelled to by your experiences, or for money, only one.