[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 760 KB, 1024x768, Penguins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8539808 No.8539808 [Reply] [Original]

The Nobel in Literature is coming up, and of course that means ladbrokes has made up their odds on who is to win the prize. I don't really care where they put people, but if you were a betting man/trap/furfag, who would you put money on?

>> No.8539835

>>8539808
Here are my thoughts on the whole thing:
Roth can't win, he has retired from fiction and they hate Americans right now. That also eliminates Joyce Carol Oates, Yecarthy, etc.
Three white people, two of them Euros and one a Canuck have one in recent years, before that it was an azn, so they'll more than likely choose an African or a South American this time around, or maybe somebody Middle Eastern, except I doubt it because lol controversy with Islam.
However, I think they are too big of pussies to give it to Adunis.
Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o is probably my best guess because they'd get #blacklivesmatter love and he isn't terribly well known to the rest of the world.
My alternate is Jon Fosse because the Nordic ego knows no bounds.
Amos Oz would be the best Middle Eastern choice because he has enlightened enough views for their taste and isn't the *most* obvious choice.

>> No.8539850

>>8539835
it's Ngugi this time for sure.