[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 79 KB, 320x300, books.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
853842 No.853842 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/, I am looking to make an organized list of all the books I own. I'd appreciate working with a database that will let me input books by IBSN or exact edition.
It would be great to be able to put them in virtual bookshelves as well, where I could recreate how my books are organized at home.
This will mainly be used to keep track of what books I own, and if the virtual bookcase is possible, where they are on my shelves.

I've heard of LibraryThing but haven't dived into it yet, are there any other options /lit/?

>> No.853876

Surely someone else on /lit/ likes to have organized lists of their books beyond excel.

>> No.853892

Other options: Goodreads, Shelfari.

I would definitely go with LibraryThing though. The overall atmosphere there is much, much, more mature. And the organization of you catalog is a lot more customizable.

>> No.853894

Shelfari might be what you want. I'm pretty sure you have the ability to make faux shelves and rearrange them.

>> No.853905

Yeah, I use LibraryThing and it's good. Allows you ISBN input, as you want, but not the virtual bookshelves (though I'm not sure anywhere lets you do that).

>> No.853909

There's also Anobii but I'm not sure it will let you do all those things you want.

>> No.853913

>>853905
Profile name on LibraryThing?

>> No.853925

Not OP here, but do you have to have the ISBN to get the right edition on LibraryThing or can you choose through a list to find the edition you own?

>> No.853931

>>853925
You can just type in the title and author and pick editions. This is usually how I do it, since I'm too lazy to type in ISBNs [and have quite a few with no ISBN at all].

>> No.853950

>>853913

DRFP

>> No.853957

>>853950
Oh, derp. I already know you on there. Didn't know you used a trip though!

>> No.855009

>>853892
I wound up going with LibraryThing as "welovehistory". Thanks for your input on it!