[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.48 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8527101 No.8527101 [Reply] [Original]

Okay /lit/ this is my first time posting but really needed an answer!
I've read through the 7 Game of Thrones books several times (mostly loved them) and you'll prob know that it's been ages since the last one.
A friend of mine online just mentioned to me that GRRMartin has actually stopped writing to work on writing the script for the series!
My question is is this true at all and is there any news on when he will resume the book!?
I know GoT is popular so apologies if this is a common question/ thread.

>> No.8527114

Goethe's Faust

>> No.8527126

GRRM is—if not yet physically—at the very least mentally and emotionally dead

its best to treat the series as it stands now as COMPLETE, any work he releases at this point would be even more putrid and puerile than his latest work

>> No.8527137

>>8527101
Why would you come here to ask that? Go look at his blog, for Christ's sake. And no, he isn't writing any more scripts, and Winds of Winter should be out in March (they've delayed the start of the next season of the show for it). The final book will never be completed by Martin.

>> No.8527142

>>8527126
I completely was thinking of them that way as complete but I found out that things are happening in the tv series that overtake the timeline in the book.

Without going into specifics or spoilers : Hodor gets his backstory put in place and is explained, Dany and Jon have physically met when the last thing I knew, they were literally at opposite ends of the world to eachother, and things happened with Ramsey that can only be after book events not just added into the story for viewing purposes..

It bugs me that I'm seeing spoilers when I'd like to ideally read them through but it's not possible! Or is it....?

>> No.8527144

>>8527137
>>8527137
Ohright cheers