[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 94 KB, 719x863, Albert_Camus,_gagnant_de_prix_Nobel,_portrait_en_buste,_posé_au_bureau,_faisant_face_à_gauche,_cigarette_de_tabagisme[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8493880 No.8493880 [Reply] [Original]

Alright lads I'm new here but I'm doing my best to up my book knowledge

I tried reading the myth of Sisyphus and his essays about the absurd and really didnt understand much apart from a select few passages

So I read L'Étranger and I really liked it. The book seemed slow at first but in the last five pages or so it really sped up and especially the scene where he yells at the priest was really good.

Is there any secondary literature I can read on The Stranger? Anything goes from articles and blogs to copypasta and meme pictures

Thanks for reading

>> No.8493899

>>8493880
>Is there any secondary literature I can read on The Stranger?
Yeah, read the works that inspired it; Kafka and Dostoyevsky, as well as a little Sartre.
The Metamorphosis, The Trial, Crime and Punishment, and No Exit will shed a lot of light on The Stranger and expand your reading without overwhelming you, they aren't difficult reads.

>> No.8493908

>>8493899
That's not what secondary literature means, did you even go to University?

>> No.8493922

>>8493908
I know what he meant, my point was The Stranger is not that deep, read the more expansive works that inspired it. There's nothing to get outside of what Myth of Sisyphus lays out anyway.
Secondary literature for an existentialist novella with a follow-up essay is kind of a joke.

>> No.8493923
File: 1.10 MB, 3000x1715, bc3a9atrice-martin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8493899
I'm on Nausea by Sartre right now, but like the other anon said that's not what I'm looking for

But this does move up Kafka on my reading list so thank you for the reply