[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.51 MB, 1500x1917, Arthur_Schopenhauer_Portrait_by_Ludwig_Sigismund_Ruhl_1815.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8469348 No.8469348 [Reply] [Original]

What are your thoughts on cynicism and pessimism, and the philosophical implications of having these behavioral traits?

As I get older and become more acquainted with life in the working force I'm becoming far more bitter and suspicious of others. More common human traits that should not bother me get added to my shit list every day. I find myself getting increasingly more nauseated over how society works in general. But I also think it's an indication of who I am, and more importantly my background. I was raised very reclusively and had a starry-eyed and idealist attitude about things early on, and it's always been in my second nature to fully trust others. So in my case, I tend to think cynics and pessimists were once incredibly naive and youthful people, more so than average.