[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 400x386, 1463700956999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8411826 No.8411826[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>going home after 9 pm
>go past pub
>tonnes of new students there ready to debauch the place up and have unprotected sex and the times of their lives
>going home to my books which are written by trust fund babbies that will never care about me

Where is the consolation meant to come from? Does society try to shame us in to "being cultured" in order to subsidise the upper classes who have the free time and connections to create / market the art in the first place? I have been thinking of only reading immediately entertaining books to avoid this. My point is that I live in a society which doesn't care about me, so should I act more selfishly?

Another question to the students of the human condition (kek) on lit: I've never even flirted with a girl and I'm 24 and went through uni and I've never had attention from the opposite sex. How can I see any future possible relationships as authentic when women, given the freedom to be authentic at university, lacking the social pressure to look for beta providers, or any permanent relationships at all, free to only flit from Chad to Chad, never gave me any attention at all? Even if we ignore my own problems and generalise, how do other older men be with women who wouldn't have given them a thought when they had freedom? Is this the mental or emotional equivalent of having a fat gf?

>> No.8411832

>>8411826
Just follow the Greek's example and fuck guys. It's socially acceptable now anyway so there's no excuse other than being a faggot. Do you seriously want to eat cunt every day in hopes that she might give you a few weeks of decent sex before cucking you?

>> No.8411842

Wanting to have a relationship is a meme. No one will care if you do it, and getting laid won't save you from death.

>> No.8411844

i suppose you could choose to only engage in works that were done by poors, but i think you would miss a lot of good ideas doing that. it is true that the upper class is paid for by the lower class, but ideas from rich men can still be worthwhile. that's all there is to it my man.

as to your second question, i think you will need to talk to a lot of different women and suffer the horrible 90% before you find the good 10%. it will be very hard work. if you are not prepared for hard work then you will stay a robot.

>> No.8411878

>>8411826
>>>/r9k/

>> No.8411884

You post this every day my man. I'm your age and have a similar experience. Sometimes I wonder if someone I know is posting this to attack me.

>> No.8411890

Why do men make their ENTIRE lives about women? It's pathetic, and such a shallow way of living.
I'm female and I certainly don't go around thinking about tfw no bf :'( all the time. I live for other things: great art, literature, doing well in my studies, learning about things, developing skills, etc.

Do men completely lack depth or is this just r9kers spreading out?
Genuinely wondering.

>> No.8411921

>>8411890
This bait's almost *too* carefully constructed, but on the off chance you're serious
1) post feet
2) yes, it is literally just /r9k/ seeping into /lit/ because they regard it as the "smart peepulz board".

>> No.8411942

>>8411890
>Why do men make their ENTIRE lives about women?

Hardwired to want pussy. I'm miserable until I get laid, and when I do I get a solid month of endorphins, no anxiety, no depression, and a greater amount of focus and ambition. No jerking off and oral does not cut it. Only creampies matter.

>> No.8411946

>>8411890
Yo.
You DTF?

>> No.8411950

>>8411890

That's because you always know, subconsciously or not, that you could get at least an average boyfriend at any time you wanted one.

Men don't have the same luxury with girls.

But yeah it is pathetic to make your life about women regardless.

>> No.8411962

>>8411942
That's such a plebeian way to live. Men are then clearly biologically fated to live shallow lives.
Women truly are the more patrician sex. We live for greater things.

Male homosexuals, of course, are the exceptions. Women see this and that is why we befriend them in particular. They're not pathetic like you constant cunt-craving cucks.

>> No.8412012
File: 163 KB, 810x716, kuoleman_puutarha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm 18, last year of high school
I am genuinely quite handsome and receive attention from girls I kind of like, but I find having conversations with them absolutely impossible
I was very lonely before I hit puberty, which made me an introvert and caused my drift to books and films, but now that I'm popular I find everything much more depressing and boring. I practically have everything I dreamed of when I was 10, but I don't know how to enjoy my privileges.
I don't know how to dance, I don't know the music people are listening to, I don't know how to/can't enjoy "hanging out", even though I force myself to go out with people almost daily at their request

Lost my virginity this spring to my long-time crush at a party and had a relationship of a few months. I got incredibly bored by her company and we shared practically zero interests, we had nothing to talk about that the other one would care about, we just had monologues of our interests and the other had to listen in order to keep the partner happy. In the end I turned a bit abusive and cut it off. We see each other in school but don't talk to each other and the chearleader team she's in is now rather hostile towards me.

The film I often watch when I feel awful is Ikiru, it is my favorite film. Watanabe's character is dying of cancer and realizes that he hasn't "lived" a single day of his life and tries frantically to enjoy life. When he fails, he asks a bubbly young woman, "How do you do it? How do you live?"

I also feel that my life is dwindling away even though I am young and should be enjoying life, but I just can't connect to the living people or have "the time of my life" smoking weed and banging girls. Most of the time I feel as if I have lots of company, but no friends.

How do you connect to other people? How do you live?

>> No.8412022

>>8411826
>Where is the consolation meant to come from?
Nobody owes you consolation at all, you whiny piece of shit. You are not a child anymore. Take control of your life and act like an adult. If you would like to dick around in bars with them, then go to the gym, eat healthy, and start taking care of yourself to look attractive. If you don't want that hedonism, take those steps anyway, because all of you /r9k/ manchildren are disgusting and unhealthy. Your life would be unimaginably better if you focused on improving yourself instead of being bitter that those who do have more opportunities.

>Another question to the students of the human condition (kek) on lit: I've never even flirted with a girl and I'm 24 and went through uni and I've never had attention from the opposite sex. How can I see any future possible relationships as authentic when women, given the freedom to be authentic at university, lacking the social pressure to look for beta providers, or any permanent relationships at all, free to only flit from Chad to Chad, never gave me any attention at all? Even if we ignore my own problems and generalise, how do other older men be with women who wouldn't have given them a thought when they had freedom? Is this the mental or emotional equivalent of having a fat gf?
Jesus christ, this is just a salad of buzzwords. Have you ever considered the fact that this outlook on the men and women around you really just proves that you're even more shallow than the people you hate? That your autistic propensity to assume anyone with a sex life lacks any non-sex life is just bitter projection? Please, for the love of god, stop going to /r9k/. The place is a toxic shithole that will drag you down and has clearly already fucked up the way you view the world.

>> No.8412024

>>8411942
That's fucking pitiful. You're gonna die under another's provision, you wait and see.