[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 45 KB, 800x450, Escritores-y-sus-gatos-Jorge-Luis-Borges.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8380502 No.8380502 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone ever been on a literary pilgrimage? Has anyone ever gone somewhere particularly linked to an author they love?

For example, I've always wanted to visit the national library in Buenos Aires, because it was so important to Borges. Something like that. Has anyone ever been to their favorite writer's special place, or to their favorite writer's grave?

>> No.8380515

>>8380502
i see no point in actively seeking out these places.

its like you are planning to be emotionally touched by being in the same location as someone who wrote something that you like.

these moments come from alone.

>> No.8380526

Does anyone still have the greentext about the guy who went to Berlin to see Max Stirner's grave and went home without ever finding it ?

>> No.8380534

>>8380502
I've always wanted to visit Dublin and passionately kiss the Joyce statue on the mouth.

>> No.8380606

>>8380534
I think it would be cool to see all the landmarks mentioned in his novels, like Clongowes and Belvedere and Trinity College.