[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 65 KB, 620x413, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8346195 No.8346195 [Reply] [Original]

does anybody here read star wars books? i'm interested in exploring some of the 'legends' stuff as well as the 'canon'.

>> No.8346202

i hear you're encouraged to start with "Heir to the Empire" which takes place after Return of the Jedi

>> No.8346245
File: 249 KB, 567x874, caedus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8346202
Thrawn trilogy is alright. Not gonna be comparable to even other sci-fi honestly, but it's the best of it's kind.

Star Wars lore is probably the best part honestly, as the events with Revan in the Knights of the Old Republic games would make a helluva good Star Wars book if they were fully adapted, but you can read that on the wiki.

I would recommend the Darth Plagueis book the most, takes place before and during the prequel, and pretty must justifies the whole trade embargo and clone wars as being part of Palpatine and co's master plan. Tarkin is also a good and politics-heavy book that takes place from the clone wars to the Jedi purge. The events that happen AFTER the original trilogy in legends are pretty much all shit or poorly written, and just rehashes of events that have already happened. Jacen Solo or Darth Caedus is a lot more interesting than the fucker Kylo Ren, but it's not worth it to read through the entire Yuuzhan Vong stuff just for that.

I also heard the Darth Bane and rule of two books are good because of Sith-heavy religious ideas and ideology, morality, good and evil, balance in the force, etc., though I haven't read them.