[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 38 KB, 396x648, the-fountainhead-book-review.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
828352 No.828352 [Reply] [Original]

hey c/lit/s,
I've just read "the fountainhead" and I liked it. I thought it was a good book.
I don't get why there is this huge anti-rand movement on /lit/. Maybe the character in the novel are a bit one-dimensional sometimes. But when you really pay attention, even that isn't true.

Tl;Dr
Why you guys hating?

>> No.828360

>>828352
Objectivism is fucking retarded, that's why.

>> No.828361
File: 62 KB, 480x360, shitstorm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.828367

>>828350

REmoeV_YuOr_ilLGeaL cLoEN fo hTTP://www.ANOmnOMTALk.SE/ (anOMNoM_=_aNOn)_IMmeiDateLY. nrovxc wfbhnuev ig x uva lf j u zrhc hfb

>> No.828366
File: 31 KB, 550x425, shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP uses shitstorm!!

;it's super effective !

Good thing I came prepared.

>> No.828375

1) Her political philosophy is pretty stupid.
2) Atlas Shrugged, which is better known and more frequently posted about in /lit/, is an immensely worse book. Imagine The Fountainhead except longer, with every virtue or likable thing removed, every flaw made ten times worse, and a (literally) fifty page long speech at the end. You would then have something approaching Atlas Shrugged.

>> No.828385

>why are you guys hating?

Three main reasons:

a) Ayn Rand has a lot of exceptionally annoying fans who used to spam threads.

b) Most people find the philosophy she puts forth (that altruism is evil and greed is good) repellent.

c) The books aren't that great either, for the amount of publicity they get. Lots more people have heard of Ayn Rand than have heard of actually talented authors like Gabriela Mistral or Pablo Neruda. She has nothing to offer but her shitty philosophy.