[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 51 KB, 300x475, 567678.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8262432 No.8262432 [Reply] [Original]

Looking for more books like Kafka, Camus, Ryu Mirakami, Ian Banks. Someone recommended me a couple books in another thread, the devil in the white city, the immoralist, and ritual. celine. I have those on my reading list, but I am looking for a longer reading list, I want to have a larger selection of possible books that I can get into. It seems really difficult to find books I actually like, which is ironic because you'd think that not having read many books, I'd actually be open to a lot of possibilities of something good. It just doesn't feel that way, I guess.

I really like dark, esoteric, surreal stuff. I like stuff like Akira, the band Coil, A clockwork Orange, Eraserhead, I'm a huge death metal, black metal, noise, power electronics, industrial, slowcore (and basically anything else that feels real and raw and sad) appreciator. I don't like stuff that feels flowery, I like stuff that feels really raw, like drinking straight scotch. Idk if I should try to find a different forum to ask these questions, if anyone knows another book forum besides reddit, I'd love to go use it. The people on this forum aren't very nice.

>> No.8262504

Nice bait

>> No.8262507

>>8262504
man, don't do that please. I don't want a shit fest.

>> No.8262518
File: 1.06 MB, 2000x2800, Depressing Lit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

lurk more dude. And read widely.