[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 376x488, faulkner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
826023 No.826023 [Reply] [Original]

I really dislike Faulkner. People don't speak the way he writes. I read books for entertainment and it is not entertaining when you have to wonder all through the book what in the world the author's talking about. How did Faulkner ever get so famous? I felt like a kid asking "what did he mean by" and "what does this mean"? Its one thing for you not to understand because it is actually deep and stuff, but it's another when the author is so bad at writing that you just cant figure out what hes saying.

>> No.826029

that's great, OP! Did you form that opinion all by yourself? Did you want us to respond in some way? Perhaps you should posit something for discussion rather than a nominal statement?

>> No.826040

>>826023
lolZzzZzzzZ zomg like totes, I B super ceral yo!

>> No.826043

>>826029
is there something wrong with my opinion or something?

>> No.826044

>People don't speak the way he writes.

Except they did. This was Hicktown, Mississippi in the goddamn 1910s and 20s. They didn't have the education we do now.

>I read books for entertainment and it is not entertaining when you have to wonder all through the book what in the world the author's talking about.

It's not THAT difficult if you reread it, or even use a guide if you're that pathetic.

>Its one thing for you not to understand because it is actually deep and stuff, but it's another when the author is so bad at writing that you just cant figure out what hes saying.

Confirmed for 2deep4u.

>> No.826045

I really dislike this thread. People don't speak the way the OP writes. I read /lit/ for entertainment and it is not entertaining when you have to wonder all through the post what in the world the OP's talking about.

>> No.826058

>>826045
that didnt make any sense

>> No.826701

faulkner is god!