[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 457 KB, 875x800, Russian_writers_by_Levitsky_1856.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8188720 No.8188720 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone give me a summary of some pros and cons of the communist manifestos ideas.

Just a short summary, no it's not for a class, I'm not marxist or communist or any of that, I was having a discussion with my brother in the car and he's recently been reading theology and philosophy aka a few religious books and a pihlosophy of the west book, and he got on me and my parents in the car when I mentioned how on a state level as far as politics are concerned religion is useless, no I didn't mean it in regards to a fedora tipping manner, more the effects on it are so negated compared to the past.

He then mentioned if I think good and evil exist and then mentioned twisted thinkers like karl marx and a few others and I mentioned karl marx was an economist first and foremost, which i know a tiny bit about.

I'm still irked cause it was 3v1 and I didn't know enough to properly debate or refute anyone.

>> No.8188801

>>8188720
The Communist Manifesto is short. Why don't you just read it?

>> No.8188812

>>8188801

I didn't even get through adam smiths book since the corn talk was too mundane for me, not the concepts, just the corn comparisons.

I like to do things in order I figure you wouldn't want to read something like that ahead of the others.

>> No.8188854

>>8188720
but the communist manifesto is seriously one of the worst things marx ever wrote. it doesn't even really say anything about his beliefs except that he dislikes capitalism

>> No.8188869

>>8188854

The whole point was just my brother was being a pseud and is already, being a beginner which i applaud him for in philosophy and theology, calling thinkers who oppose i guess the laws of god or god, or capitalism even twisted. Now this is all fine and everything i'm not fedora, I don't mind disliking peoples thoughts I just wish people wouldn't do it without appreciating that you need all types and some brilliant people went against the grain.

I just wanted to get a basic understanding from a /lit/izen about what marx is about, his basic economic ideas.

I could go on wiki but /lit/ are my friends.

>> No.8188891

>>8188869
>/lit/ are my friends.

go fuck yourself