[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 550x512, 1450672818023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8164815 No.8164815[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>gradated over a year ago
>spent the entire time working at menial part time jobs, living with parents, and wasting all my free time on 4chan
>probably only done a week's worth of actual work (learning programming) in the previous 12 months
>no motivation, no drive

How do I stop this? What books will help? It feels awful. I have memories of myself over a year ago telling myself that I'd start working hard on the next day.

>> No.8164824

meditate, learn to spell, and quit posting on 4chan.

furthermore, delete this thread because it has nothing to do with lit.

>> No.8164829

>>8164815
1. Write down a schedule for the next day before you go to bed with specific time markings
2. Start your schedule around 8:00 in the morning, and begin the day with a 30min-1 hr run and a cold shower
3. Slowly wake up earlier and earlier every day, pushing it back maybe 30 minutes a week
4. Stop eating shit and improve your diet though you don't have to go overboard
5. ???
6. Profit

>> No.8164838

You should be applying to substantial jobs every day while you work. Some day, someone will take interest. Keep honing whatever skill you want to utilize for a career.

>> No.8166582

>>8164815
can someone explain this picture to me? I see it all the time and i still don't get it. Im not american btw

>> No.8166885

>>8166582
Kennedy's presidency was called Camelot, because he and his wife were attractive young people with cute kids and people look back on his administration positively. In reality, during his time in office we almost went to nuclear war, Kennedy was zonked out on drugs most of the time, and he was constantly cheating on his wife.

>> No.8166986

>>8166885

kennedy made one his daughter undergo lobotomy in 1941 because she had mood swings and he thought it could negatively affect his political career, she was a 23 y.o. girl who went to a college and stuff and ended as a disabled person with cognitive capabilities of a 2 y.o. baby for the rest of her life (she died in 2005 being 86 y.o.)

nice way to treat mood swings, i bet she didn't have any since the surgery