[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 10 KB, 200x237, spoops.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7982382 No.7982382 [Reply] [Original]

Explain shitty meme Engels cartoon.

Also why aren't you spiritual libertarians yet?

>> No.7982404 [DELETED] 
File: 207 KB, 457x500, engels chick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's there to explain?
A bunch of clever guys with some free time regularly met in a bad to talk about their favorite author (thus the name), have banter and invite impressible chicks to live the /lit/ life. But contrary to their idol, they didn't view the current sociology-political status as finished or desirable and thus competed against each other about how to destroy it in arguments. (It was kind of illegal to do so, so they focused on critiquing religion, though.)
Then they got kicked out for running out of money and continued on the street, where they ironically begged people for money to buy more alc.
Oh, and there was a smug face with a large forehead who regularly dropped by and socialize with this intellectual circle, and in the end he wrote a book making fun of their views. (He was playing their game though, of being more radical - while still coherent - than the others)

>> No.7982417
File: 207 KB, 457x500, engels chick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A bunch of clever guys with some free time regularly met in a bar to talk about their favorite author (thus: Young (Left-)Hegelians), banter and invite impressible chicks to live the /lit/ life.

Contrary to their idol (who was concerned with self, competition/enslavement, among other things) they didn't view the current sociology-political situation as finished and desirable, and thus they competed against each other about how to destroy, using coherent arguments. It was kind of illegal to do so, so they focused on critiquing religion, though. Texts on how the bible stories are made up or even how Jesus himself was a made up person resulted.

They eventually got kicked out for running out of money and continued on the street, where they ironically begged people for money to buy more alc.

Oh, and there was a smug face with a large forehead who regularly dropped by and socialize with this intellectual circle, and in the end he wrote a book making fun of their views. He was playing their game though, of being more radical -than the others.

He wrote about self and competion, and so did Marx later (all of that applied to social classes as "individuals"). He then attacked Stirner for his ideas, naturally. But Stirner was forgotten in the end, and Marx and other guys weren't.

>> No.7982426

>>7982417
I'm really more concerned about stirnerposting than what a bunch of degenerate leftists did 100 years ago.

>> No.7982436
File: 27 KB, 500x500, me and my own by me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982426
More like 170 years ago.

So what's your question? Have you read the book?

So second try:
>Explain shitty meme Engels cartoon.
It's a meme because it argues why a lot of things important in peoples lives are shitty memes.
Great tool. And it's then applied to existentialist questions. And it's a philosophy book that's funny, which is rare.

>> No.7982436,1 [INTERNAL] 

Bumping first sighting of this supposed Engels sketch. Is it really his? Looks too modern. I like it though. Cute tits.

What was OP's problem?