[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 45 KB, 548x361, 1450718994696[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7960296 No.7960296[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>interview on the street
>whats your favourite book?
>all the goodlooking people answer with "i dont read" or "reading is for nerds"
>2 fat girls and a skinny ugly girl say GoT or Harry Potter
>fat guy glorifies tolkien

the only beneficial thing you can get from this shithole is namedropping of obscure philosophers and some suicidal gooks that commited seppuku

>> No.7960528

to this day I haven't quite figured out whether normies think more or less of me when I quote some relevant Wordsworth from memory. maybe I'll never know. but I won't stop doing it

>> No.7960537

>>7960528
>when I quote some relevant Wordsworth

zoinks

>> No.7960637

>>interview on the street
Ohh, that sounds like a relevant and intelligent source of informations and opinions

>> No.7960695

>>7960296

I would've answered Petersburg, In Search of Lost Time or Mason & Dixon.

>> No.7961083

>>7960296
If some guy from like Jimmy Fallon can up with a microphone and asked your favorite book, what would you say?

Would you care about looking like a pretentious faggot when you know people you know will see it?

>> No.7961163

Didn't Sartre once say his entire philosophy was the result of him trying to come to grips with how ugly he was?
Foucalt said something like that too, if you have your life together and youre good looking you dont need literature or philosophy because things are figured out
Reading literature and philosophy is like fruitlessly untangling christmas tree lights, it gives you some pleasure when you think youre getting somewhere but it will forever be tangled