[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 126 KB, 769x1181, name-of-the-wind.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7560096 No.7560096 [Reply] [Original]

I mean, the story and most of the characters are absolute horseshit, it's often fucking embarrassing, but nonetheless the guy can write!

It has absolutely no meaning or interesting story, but the prose and imagery are absolutely beautiful. I recommend this to anyone who just wants to read something nice without having to think.

I'd prefer if this talent had fallen on someone who isn't a creepy neckbeard and occasionally has an interesting thought in his brain, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I enjoy myself reading this.

What do you guys think?

>> No.7560119

The prose is garbage. This is honestly one of the few book-related opinions I've never ever understood. It reads like someone who has an elementary grasp of flowery prose trying to replicate it whilst sprinkling in a bit of fantasy nonsense along the way.

If you're going down the 'the prose is good when you consider the perspective/age of the protagonist' then I can understand that. But as being beautiful in its own right, nah, I can't agree with that.