[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 296 KB, 1465x1962, sixteenth-of-september-1956(1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7538416 No.7538416 [Reply] [Original]

How many books do you read at once?

I read one book at a time in 2015 (excluding readings for class; usually essays) and I'm curious about reading two at a time.

For those of you that do read two at once, does it cause problems? I'm currently reading Stoner and I'm thinking about starting the John Cage biography that I bought at the Fine Arts museum today, but I'm worried that splitting my focus between two books might diminish the emotional impact of Stoner.

Probably overthinking it. Posting anyway. Sage if you want.

(Phone's broken; pic is one of the only ones on my Nexus 7)

>> No.7538478

if the other book is non-fiction you shouldn't have a problem getting the most out of Stoner

>> No.7538666

>>7538478
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Also interested in the general consensus on reading more than one book at a time. It seems a little counterintuitive to me.

>> No.7538674

>>7538416
I usually read one in the morning and then a different one at night.

>> No.7538940

When I'm at school usually 2-3 novels and then whatever essays/other readings i have.

I usually just try to focus on one though, depends on the work though, I read Paradise Lost over the course of a week instead of just taking two days or so on it. In short: at home or traveling, just one, at school I read about 3-4 a week (usually ~2 for class ~2 for myself)