[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 300x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7510335 No.7510335 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone know if I should get this version translated by Mannheim with the intro by D Cameron watt ,pic related. Or the one with the black cover just by Mannheim. Is there a big difference between the 2 editions? Btw I'm not a nazi just getting a lot of autobiographies and I felt this is an important addition to the list.
Thanks /lit/ !

>> No.7510339
File: 9 KB, 260x400, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also the one in this pic with black cover is just the Mannheim with no DC Watt intro.
The first is cheaper but I want to know if the one with no watt intro is a better version or is altered or updated in any way?

>> No.7510343
File: 170 KB, 500x435, 1451178934247.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't forget to read the Zweites Buch, and Hitler's Table Talk. They're better. Mein Kampf doesn't really get the real Hitler across.

>> No.7510351

>>7510343
Thanks I have table talk written down to remind me to get it. I'll definitely look into zweites buch.
So do you think that the 2 MK versions are basically the same?
I'm just afraid the DC one has different footnotes or is altered from the Mannheim version.

>> No.7510376

I think I'll just go for the first one with the Watt intro. Even though I'd rather the less graphic cover

>> No.7510380

>>7510351
I can't find any reference to the Watt edition having annotation online.

If you want annotation, I think annotated versions do exist, but it might be a pain to get one in the Mannheim translation. You're probably safe to go with the nicer cover.

>> No.7510387

>>7510380
Nah annotation doesn't bother me.
After trying I can get the one with the black cover anymore as it's out of stock :(
I think I'll go for the first one with the more 'eye catching' cover. Its still a Mannheim so I'm sure it's basically the same

>> No.7510388

>>7510343
fuhre uns und wir folgen

>> No.7510389
File: 53 KB, 520x610, 1423022470011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7510335
I have that version, it's actually a pain in the ass to read and draws some weird glances when ever people notice it on my bookshelf.

I think the only real value the book has is how well it conveys the mind set of a dumb fascist intent of establishing an echo chamber. If they made it mandatory reading in highschool I think we'd have far fewer crazy social justice warriors.

>> No.7510396

>>7510389
It was actually funny googling it to see what the Watt intro/edition was like, because you immediately get fucking swamped in

>THIS BAD, MAD, SAD, FUCKING GAY RACIST FASCIST TYRANT WROTE A SHITTY BOOK WITH BAD PROSE I HATE HITLER SO MUCH FUCKKKK HITLER YOU BIG SMELLY WILLY

Amazon.com: Mein Kampf, Mannheim Translation

Publisher's info: This shitty bad book by an EVIL bad shitty retard man who is bad not good fuck Hitler fuck HITLER FUCK HITLER I HATE HITLER IT HAS SUCH BAD PROSE

Editor's info: It was a joy to edit this BAD BOOK WITH BAD PROSE HITLER HAD SUCH BAD PROSE THE PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE REPETITIVE FASCIST RACIST EEEEEVIL SAD LITTLE MAN BAD PROSE

Translator's info: In translating this HORRIBLE BAD SHITTY BOOK WITH BAD PROSE I HATE HITLER SO MUCH AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HITLERRRRR

Reviews: Though HITLER'S PROSE IS SO BAD I HATE HITLER HE IS SO BAD RAGHGHHH I DISAPPROVE OF THE FUCKING HOLOCAUST!!! SUCH BAD FUCKING PRSOE!!!!! SUDDENLY I AM AN EXPERT ON REVIEWING THE PROSE QUALITY OF THIS BOOK EVEN THOUGH MY OTHER REVIEWED BOOKS ARE YOUNG ADULT FICTION ABOUT ALIEN VAMPIRES AND I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROSE AHGHHHH HITLER IS EVIL nevertheless an important part of our history :^)

>> No.7510416

Haha that gave me a giggle.
I know that the poster above said its a pain to read but it's the best price version going. I'll take another hour or so to shop around but it's only like $5. So if I find nothing else I'll get the first one I'm sure it can't be too hard to get through