[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 643 KB, 2048x1362, 1446171569070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7481371 No.7481371 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /lit/, I apologize in advance if I this thread is a copy of a recurrent one or uses buzzwords or otherwise inflammatory material (or if it comes across as a blog post), but I am currently in a mental fog and could use suggestions for getting out of it.

For what it's worth (and I genuinely don't want to come across as a bragging ass) I am a Senior in a prestigious engineering school, and as a result I can only reason linearly/mathematically: by this I mean, that deviations from a clear and definite "problem-solving methodology" mentality prohibit me from understanding philosophy or good literature where, as you know, concepts are comparatively abstract and require inductive reasoning- and given a writing project I've been working on on and off for years, this inability is frustrating and intimidating. Outside of brute-forcing my way through, what must I do to rid myself of this frustrating inability?

TL;DR: my reading comprehension has become mediocre and I cannot read through Hegelian or Kantian philosophy without grasping the dialectical discourse

>> No.7481464

bump

>> No.7481473

just practice. read and write fiction if you want to get good at it. so yes, brute force your way through. also Hegel and Kant are completely full of shit faggots in my opinion and not worth reading. you don't even need to read them to appreciate fiction

>> No.7481583

>>7481473
>also Hegel and Kant are completely full of shit faggots in my opinion

simply epic my friend

>> No.7481666

>>7481371
Wittgenstein is here for you.