[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 900x900, angry_pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7302019 No.7302019[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Who /stupidprofessor/ here?

>mfw he called Plato "the first Gnostic"
>mfw he calls literally everything he doesn't like or doesn't understand "Gnostic" or "Calvinist" or even once "Gnostic Calvinism."

It's been a long semester.

>> No.7302038

>>7302019
But Plato is gnostic, anon. The guy fucking created the concept of demiurge.

>> No.7302041
File: 36 KB, 304x318, 1445189590726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302038

>> No.7302057

>>7302019
haha academics are such shits

>> No.7302072

>>7302038
That's not what Gnosticism means, dumbass.

>> No.7302138

>Feminist, retarded philosophy teacher.
>Make us study Burke's sublime/beauty theory. >Ask us to criticize his conception of beauty during exam.
>Say that it's too restrictive as it confuses beauty with prettiness, denying beauty the possibility of being majestic, intimidating
>Next week she says she was expecting students to answer the problem was he was misogynistic because he said women appear beautiful because they look fragile
>Also add that she expected male students especially to answer this
>Some students, most of them female, try to argue about the fact it was written in the 18th century and still it doesn't seem that misogynistic
>Answers that Burke was against french revolution, thus he "wasn't progressive", so he should be criticized in the 21th century for "things to change"

I want this fucking cunt to die. Her classes are absoluty abmysal.

>> No.7302158

>>7302138
how's your country's equivalent of the school you go to when you are sixteen? Made any friends yet?

>> No.7302174

>>7302158

I don't get the question. I'm 25 and live in France. This is called "Lycée" here but I'm in college (last year)

>> No.7302181

>>7302019
>>7302138
I like how you guys managed to get to university or college without ever realizing teachers are all bat shit nuts.

One of my professors wanted us to submit our notes for grading to see if we were retaining information because his last class were all dipshits and blew their grades up.
>mfw my notes are written greentext because I'm so used to condensing information that way

>> No.7302188

>>7302138
That sound awful anon, I'm sorry

>> No.7302194

>>7302181
>mfw my notes are written greentext because I'm so used to condensing information that way
kek'd

>> No.7302196

>>7302138
her line of thinking really has to stop. Bloom is right.

>> No.7302200

>>7302138
I like your answer anon; interesting point about beauty's capacity to be frightful. Similar to when we use language of fearing in relation to the divine: fear of God, etc.

>> No.7302244

>>7302019
>elderly criminology professor (sociology mandatory elective)
>spends the entire semester on community policing theory (engaging the community in positive interactions in order to improve relations between the public and law enforcement as well as improve efficacy of department)
>towards end of semester brings in local police captain to discuss community policing in practice
>town of uni is known for draconian use of speed laws to terrorize populous
>get pulled over going 35 in a 36, arrested for endangering the public going 45 in a 35, students are often pulled over in questionable traffic stops for search
>students all ask questions based on community policing principles pointing out the use of traffic laws to terrorize the community, harass students, and raise revenue for the town is pretty much the opposite of community policing.
>10 years later I feel almost bad for the officer tbh, class was pretty on point and using citations and really kinda made him look bad
>professor screams at us next session for being rude to a guest and disrespecting law enforcement
>fails nearly half of our papers
>i dont know anyone who got above a C in the class

Honestly as Ive gotten older I have found almost all teachers and professors are either failures who couldnt make money doing a real job, or are so autistic about their subject that they are painted with bias.

>> No.7302253

>>7302244
>Honestly as Ive gotten older I have found almost all teachers and professors are either failures who couldnt make money doing a real job, or are so autistic about their subject that they are painted with bias.

Liberal arts breh.

>> No.7302262

>>7302253
True, I would be stupid to paint a professor at a Medical School or an industry professional teaching chemistry with the same brush.

>> No.7302264

my professor, who is ruthless with our essays, when we discussed The Wasteland:

>this first section is in iambic pentameter
>eliot stole chaucers opening word for word

she said about three times, "iambic pentameter" and "transcribed chaucers opening"

i left class early

>> No.7302287

>/lit/ is for the discussion of literature.