[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 162 KB, 307x475, a-clockwork-orange.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
727169 No.727169 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /lit/,
I just saw the movie made out of this book. I thought it was rather good, and i'd like to know: is this better than the movie? I've read the shining before i watched the movie and was pleasantly surprised...

>> No.727182

that's Kubrick. He makes movies for people who've read the books. They tend to be equal with a few exceptions (film was slightly better for 2001, book was absurdly better for Lolita) but the point is, read the books before watching them.

>> No.727185

You honestly should've read the book first. The movie is good but the book is indeed much better. Who can resist loli rape?

>> No.727194

>>727185
To be honest, I'm not much of a reader. I think that i have only read about 150 non-study related books. I didn't know there was a book at first.

>> No.727255

>>727194
Well then the answer is simple: read more.

>> No.727274

>>727182
in all fairness the movie (Lolita) had heavy restrictions on what he could show and one of Lolita's strongest points is its writing which can't be translated into film. he said if he had known how little he could actually show with Lolita before he started he would have probably never made the movie.

>> No.727408

I just finished reading A Clockwork Orange for the first time recently, having seen the movie many times. I was a little bored with the book because I knew the twists and turns of the plot already. I enjoyed it nevertheless, and the final chapter was AMAZINGLY worth it. Even if you can't be fucked reading A Clockwork Orange, you MUST read the final chapter; it completely changes what I interpreted as the 'moral' or the 'point' of the whole story from what I'd thought it was based on the movie alone (which, if I haven't been obvious enough, omits the final chapter).