[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 50 KB, 408x439, 1438195816316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7259458 No.7259458 [Reply] [Original]

>Currently anxious as fuck because I'm waiting for an answer on my Ph.D application
>Chances are good, one of my professors encouraged me to apply and helped with my application
>Lit would shit itself if it read my research proposal

The waiting is killing me. I know there are some Ph.D's around here. Mind sharing your work and your experiences as a Ph.D student? I'm from Europe.

>> No.7259476

>I'm from Europe

Why even bother then? Even Oxbridge isn't MIT.

>> No.7259542
File: 53 KB, 675x315, sds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>currently applying to PhD programs
>have known exactly what I'm going into all year
>know where I'm applying, have good relations with potential advisers, etc.
>MA adviser tells me to completely change gears to something else because I clearly am only studying my current thing as a way of getting at the other, in a department that doesn't really allow for the new thing
>tells me to talk to another guy in new field
>new field professor says yeah totally bro you should go after that
>tfw not enough time to decide how to elaborate a good application or proposal for this new thing
>tfw to make a really killer proposal as good as the one i have for the old field, i'd need at least a few months to read a bunch more shit
>tfw have to either start from scratch on applying, or double up my applications
>tfw time is running out
>tfw I'm simultaneously writing 3x25 page papers by the end of november and working 4 days a week
>tfw if I fuck it up then my adviser is right and I'm going to end up getting into a program I don't want, studying a thing I don't care about for the rest of my life
>tfw i finally come to some conclusions and want to move forward and my adviser is under the gun revising an article and doesn't reply to me for a week

>> No.7259571

>>7259458

>Lit would shit itself if it read my research proposal

I'm ready, pour it on me.