[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 200x276, 200px-Anthony_Ludovici.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7197461 No.7197461 [Reply] [Original]

After his forcing upon us on this board I belligerently wanted to see what the /pol/tards obsession with this particular thinker was about.

Most of his works are expectedly anti-democratic, anti-feminist with a traditionalist stance emphasising the importance of heredity etc. His arguments are mostly intellectually founded, he was a staunch anti-Christian probably due to his obsession with Nietzsche. He decided that he had shifted from a position of Atheism to Agnosticism following a famous debate between two thinkers at the beginning of the 20th century, which he read the typescript of. My inspection of him was all well and good until I found his last proper book, 'Religion for Infidels'. I found some commentary suggesting it was his Magnum Opus, but I genuinely think he may have been a bit senile or suffering from slight alzheimers when he wrote it. In the first chapter he states:
>If, therefore, the reader will pay me the compliment of closely following every step in my argument and will refrain from skipping, I trust he will feel able to concede that the theory of religion here offered, covering as it does most of the major facts of life, including the more unpleasant, without resorting to the lame shifts that too often mar the cosmologies of the world's great religions, may, owing to its logical consistency and plausibility, seem worthy of consideration.

He explains that people of the West need to create a 'rational religion', which constantly keeps up with science, and this is his attempt of creating such a religion. The last chapter goes into how praying actually works, it's fucking crazy. Anyway, the full book is available here, and I'd like people who are actually knowledgeable in philosophy and biology to let me know if it's complete bullshit or not.
http://www.anthonymludovici.com/ri_pre.htm

>> No.7197467
File: 26 KB, 460x276, Kierkegaard-008[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7197461
>religion
>rational

Your man is a moron

>> No.7197508

>>7197461
>biology
>humanities writer
It's okay to just assume it's bullshit.

>> No.7197637

>>7197508
He was called by some a scientist, so I don't know.

>> No.7197651

I have never seen Ludovici even referenced on /pol/. The only thing I've seen are people dry humping Mein Kampf and occasionally mention Evola.

>> No.7197659

Why do traditionalists all have such heavy feet? I mean the man was a nietzschean, so you'd think he wouldn't be so lumbering.

>> No.7197748

>>7197659
Nietzsche does though