[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 109 KB, 1021x653, masculinity-word-association1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7168981 No.7168981 [Reply] [Original]

What are some works that explore masculinity beyond traditional conceptions of aggression and dominance? Are there any that premise masculinity as a potentially valuable, not completely toxic idea?

The one coming to mind is The Old Man and the Sea, but I can't think of any others.

>> No.7170570
File: 184 KB, 516x565, marx.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The type of people that respond to questions like "what do you think masculinity is?" are the type of dipshits that shun EVERY "traditional" idea (i.e., family, having children, being virtuous beyond being "smart" and "nice) and then advise the rest of the world on how to "be" in a family, how to raise your children, and how their version of life = virtue. Seriously, don't bother thinking about questions like this; its fucking pointless. Just be a decent person, or don't. It doesn't matter and I don't mean "it doesn't matter" in that edgy, nihilistic faggoty way. Birds of a feather flock together (if you disagree you're retarded), and a "masculine" man completely on his own in the world is not even worth investigating because every human is measured by their interaction with other humans.

INTO THE TRASH.