[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 85 KB, 848x566, $_32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7126340 No.7126340 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/ survey - patrician try hard edition:

Class:(if you do not work but are being provided for by rich parents you are still upper class)

religion/metaphysics:

single:(married, divorced, gf/bf etc..)

country of residence:

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it:

your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..)

Your favorite literary work:

Why is the above your preferred literary work:

The way you wish your life to turn out:(try to be realistic and base it on your knowledge of yourself and your general state)

Describe life on earth in 100 years:

>> No.7126362

>>7126340
>Age:
>Class:
Middle class apparently
>Religion:
Atheist Hindu
>Cunt:
Straya
>Current state of affairs in your country:
Lmaoooooooo
>Preferred literature:
Poetry
>Fave:
Kangaroo by DH Lawrence
>Why fave:
It taught me it was okay to be a fascist.
>Life:
Transference of personality to an artificial database/immortality and space-adventures with Xenu.
>Life in 100 years:
Not much going on. Everything pretty much okay. The worst over, etc. Everyone who wants to be is immortal.

>> No.7126377
File: 47 KB, 1200x900, 1440510844297.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>age
>class
Upper middle-class background.
>religion/metaphysics
Raised as non-religious.
>single
Yes
>country of residence
Sweden
>views on current state of affairs
I believe Sweden is headed for social and economic collapse due to our unlimited immigration and inability to integrate most immigrants. I have voted for the anti-immigration party twice.
>preferred type of literature
Classic literature, novels with philosophical themes.
>favourite literary work
King Lear - William Shakespeare
>why
It feels like the most "personal" play by Shakespeare. And the scene where Cordelia is reunited with her father[/spoiled] moved me to tears.
>the way you wish your life to turn out
Move to Russia and acquire a qt slavic gf.
>describe life on earth in 100 years
Devastating ethnic and religious conflicts in most of Europe.

>> No.7126385

>>7126377
Damn, I fucked up that spoiler.

>> No.7126388

>>7126340

>age

>class
Lowest

>country
Australia

>views on countries affairs
Has a severe employment and housing crisis, everyone has there heads In the sands about it

>preferred literature
Classic fiction

>favourite literary work
Don't know, maybe fear and loathing in Las Vegas

>way you wish your life to turn out
I wan to earn enough money to be able to financially support a family, if I choose to have one. I don't want to become an alcoholic and I don't want to kill myself

Heavily reliant on technology, racial tensions, but an overall homogenous society. Energy crisis and over population in areas becoming concerning problems

>> No.7126397

>>7126377
Du är dum i huvudet som röstar på SD. Stick från mitt bräde och stick från mitt land.

>> No.7126403

>>7126377
>Non-anglo
>Caring about Shakespeare
There's a word for this, I think; it's something like cccuuuuuuuuuck.

>> No.7126406
File: 18 KB, 419x419, HrkJOrpV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126397
Tror du seriöst att den nuvarande situationen är på något sätt hållbar?

>> No.7126408

>>7126406
>>7126397
Speak English, ya wags.

>> No.7126411

>>7126362
*Upper class apparently

>> No.7126426

>>7126403
Whatever, I bet you haven't even read him. Dumb cuckposter.

>> No.7126487

buup

>> No.7126528

>>7126340
Class: Upper middle
Religion: Agnostic
Relationship: Single
State of Affairs: Shitty and unstable
Preferred Literature: Literary Fiction
Favourite Work: The Brothers Karamazov
Why: Taught me to love everyone
Life: University professor who does lots of drugs and goes to orgies

>> No.7126540

>>7126528
MODS MODS MODS
O
D
S

M
O
D
S

M
O
D
S

>> No.7126626

>age
>class
Upper middle class, I guess. I was born in lower middle class.
>religion
I'm inspired by Roman Catholicism but I don't belong to any particular church.
>status
I have a boyfriend.
>country of residence
France.
>opinion of state of affairs
This isn't the country I was born in but it seems things are falling apart. Education is worsening, migrants are flooding the country and I don't think it will survive longer.
>preferred type of literature
I have a preference for plays.
>favorite work
I can't tell. I love many different things for many reasons.
>aspiration
I don't expect to write anything worthwhile. I'm currently teaching and I'm fine with it. I wish I could maintain this way of life. I also would like to learn new languages and travel a bit. Maybe getting married.
>Earth in 100 years
Probably a shithole. Post-new-ironic-proto-post-post-modernism will be praised, everybody will think they can write and will flood us with their inept books, nobody will escape social networks and “quantification” of hobbies, like Goodreads, where everybody will read as much as possible to tell it to others. I think we will live an empty era focused on looking cultured rather than actual learning.

>> No.7126638

>Class:
working-middle, I guess?

>Religion:
hardcore agnostic

Single

USA

>Views:
Don't give a shit, politics just make people unhappy.

>Preferred literature:
fiction and nonfiction, screenplays. Basically anything but poetry

>Favorite work:
A River Runs Through It

>How I want my life:
I want to find someone special and spend the rest of my life driving around with her

Describe life on earth: probably pretty much the same. Bigger emphasis on social media technology, interconnectedness. It will be impossible to remove oneself from the system.

>> No.7126747

>>7126397
Gå och skit på dig, vänsterhora!

>> No.7127103
File: 102 KB, 856x1172, Thomas_Carlyle_lm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126340
>age:
>Class:
Middle
>religion/metaphysics:
Atheist; Sympathetic to Roman Catholicism
>single:(married, divorced, gf/bf etc..)
gf
>country of residence:
England
>Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it:
Rampant moral decline, boiling-point racial tension, and accelerating leftward drift, caused by a self-organizing universalist/egalitarian memeplex cladistically descended from Puritanism.
>your preferred type of literature:
Short stories, probably.
>Your favorite literary work:
Conrad - Heart of Darkness
>Why is the above your preferred literary work:
Strips the soul of civilization bare by discarding all moral priors and revealing the primal, primitive Horror within all of mankind.
>The way you wish your life to turn out
I get my Master's Degree in something geology-related, get a nice house, marry.
>Describe life on earth in 100 years:
If the Technological Singularity hasn't come by then, we'll either be full dystopia, or picking up the pieces of Western civilization.

>mfw I sound like a mega-crank at this age

>> No.7127119

>>7126340

Class: upper class)

religion/metaphysics: atheist

single: gf

country of residence: Iceland

your preferred type of literature: poetry

Your favorite literary work: communist manifesto

Why is the above your preferred literary work: it's well written and because of it's history.

The way you wish your life to turn out:I want to become a proffessor in mathematics

living

>> No.7127127

>Age:
>Class:
Middle class
>Religion:
Atheist
>Country:
Holland
Foreigners invading, only based Geert says something about it
>Preferred literature:
Philosophy and non-fiction
>Favorite:
Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
>Why favorite:
It's the most realistic approach to life I've ever come across: simple trail and error that doesn't get caught up in bullshit narratives
>Life:
Normal life with job, wife and kids. Not much else really
>Life in 100 years:
Pretty much the same shit as it is now. People being violent, petty dumbfucks, probably on the moon by then. Let's hope the Russian-American moonwars won't be too violent

>> No.7127128

>>7126388
>I wan to earn enough money to be able to financially support a family, if I choose to have one. I don't want to become an alcoholic and I don't want to kill myself
get your shit together.

>> No.7127142

>>7126340
>age:
>Class:
Working class.
>religion/metaphysics:
I believe in God and have a certain, mostly metaphysical way of looking at things. I don't belong to a religion.
Single, hopefully I stay that way.
>country of residence:
Latvia.
>Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it:
Europe ought to abandon the egalitarian ideology which it has been espousing for something with much less of a conscience and a need to justify the lack of one thereof. This craze after refugees is just a sign of still present Christian morality in the minds of Europeans.
>your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..)
Novels. Long ones.
I don't have a single one.
Stendhal - The Red and The Black
Jack London - Martin Eden - To Light a Fire - Seawolf -
Goethe - The Sorrows of Young Werther - Faust -
Stendhal has a talent of high perception, especially regarding the inner workings of human mind. The protagonist does well to represent an ambitious young man, an ideal role model for many of similiar temper. Jack London is overall a good writer, albeit somewhat simplistic, and Goethe, depending on your current state of life and all events, is a genius.
>The way you wish your life to turn out:(try to be realistic and base it on your knowledge of yourself and your general state)
Riskful and dangerous. For a long time I sought 'comfyness', thinking it would satissfy me. You know, get a somewhat decent work, get your comfortable middle-tier wage, have enough money to spend here and there, live in a comfy what, read books in front of a tea cup, enjoy your mediocrity and what not. That's all bull anyways.
I'm not a prophet.

>> No.7127292
File: 18 KB, 400x600, Twiggy33.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

class: aristocrat/patrician

religion: atheism, monism/oversoul, flux, heraclitus, being = chaos/process, leibnizian idealism, later wittgenstein on language, nietzsche minus lamarck, semi-transcendentalism, anti-kant, anti-plato, anti-heidegger

relationship: have had a girlfriend (not same one) pretty much every day since 10/21/02

country of residence: usa

current affairs: the biggest threats to civilization are islam and TECHNOLOGICAL MODE OF BEING, the root cause of islamic terrorism is islam not western intervention in the region, iran with nuclear weapons would be a disaster, meeting of islam + technological mode of being will be a nuclear weapon exploding in a major city, we will look back on nsa/patriot act period with nostalgia, capitalist-authoritarian governments across globe in holy war against islam, mass holocaust, millions and millions of deaths, after thousands of years of darkness a new world civilization not based on money-values will emerge, technology will be under our control, rationality leads to lower population, the plastic shell will come off and we will revert to seemingly pre-industrial, simple, back-to-earth villages but with unnoticeable hyper-technology, since science will never be able to answer the big philosophical questions religions are based on, we will revert to poetic existence and world will become epicurus's garden

tired of doing this so THE END

>> No.7127319

Not as humorous as you'd like to pass it off as, to be fair.

Getting real tired of funposting, get your shit together tripfag.

>> No.7127325

>>7127319
how dare you

>> No.7127329

I had as much as sense as not to reply to you directly. In fact, I will keep doing this.

This is very sensitive of me.

>> No.7127338

>>7127329
>>7127325
Samefag.

>> No.7127339
File: 265 KB, 938x951, 1424306692219.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

“A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.”

>> No.7127347

>>7127338
like i would post anonymously HA

>> No.7127365

>>7127339
Is it you, sonic the edgelord?

>> No.7127367
File: 135 KB, 1167x656, addtext_com_MjMxMTE0MTA2NDc4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7127339

I actually love Kierkegaard

>> No.7127372
File: 11 KB, 572x309, jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7127347
It was I all along. Who's shitposting now, mister?

>> No.7127426

Twiggy BTFO lmao

>> No.7127474
File: 868 KB, 1997x1248, 1417302339670.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Class:middle class

religion/metaphysics:pagan

single

country of residence:usa, Washington state

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: not good, I wish things to be better so I could ignore it.

your preferred type of literature:novels

Your favorite literary work: clockwork orange

Why is the above your preferred literary work: I don't know, I think it was the first time I really thought about free will. Its a good filter if someone reads it and only sees the rape and violence I know I can never relate to him (or more often her) on any intellectual level.

The way you wish your life to turn out: I'd like to build some kind of epicurean commune with friends but I'm not sure if anyone I know would want that.

Describe life on earth in 100 years: the same as now, most things don't change all that much.

>> No.7127615

>>7126340
Class: middle-upper
religion/metaphysics: Raised as a catholic, now agnostic but I like to believe something close to pantheism
single: >tfw
country of residence: Italy
Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: Pretty bad, and living in Rome makes it feel really decadent. Italy is stuck in a social loop of amoral familism coadiuvated by a widespread "live and let live" behaviour that sometimes makes it all feel this country like a post-apocalyptic wasteland
your preferred type of literature: Novels, I turn to poetry when I'm depressed
Your favorite literary work: Dostoevsky's Idiot
Why is the above your preferred literary work: Because I can relate to Myshkin. I love to help people and be kind without ulterior motives and most of the time they get suspicious and think of me as a manipulative, scheming person.
Also, Aglaia is my waifu. I also enjoy the Jane Austen-ish vibe.
The way you wish your life to turn out: Graduate in psychology, move away from here, get a job in HR, take care of my employees and try keep them motivated and happy (even if happiness is a spook), possibly find someone genuine enough to love and protect from the world as long as I can.
Bonus points if I get to live a cozy, peaceful life
Bonus bonus points if I manage to write and publish a novel before I'm 60
Describe life on earth in 100 years: Western society will be dead and, like Longinus, we'll poke its side with selfie sticks

>> No.7127694
File: 189 KB, 480x358, homersez.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126340
>age:
>Class:(if you do not work but are being provided for by rich parents you are still upper class)
Middle class

>religion/metaphysics: Atheist with some zen leanings

Single

>country of residence: Canada

I grew up in the capital around politics so we've got an upcoming election that I'm closely paying attention to. I want Harper to leave.

>your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..) Short stories
>Your favorite literary work: Every fiction by Borges
It was the first to really open my mind to the possibilities of fiction with blending my love for detective/crime stuff and weird metaphysics

>The way you wish your life to turn out:(try to be realistic and base it on your knowledge of yourself and your general state)
Masters in neuroscience and hope to have at least one or two novels and receive a bit of notoriety

Better. I am an optimist, since there is a such a push to create a better future I think we are in midst of doing so now, though it seems to be going very slowly.

>> No.7127762

Class:(if you do not work but are being provided for by rich parents you are still upper class) Working Class

religion/metaphysics: I was baptised Roman Catholic and do believe in the existence of a higher power but don't really feel any affiliation with the Catholic Church, I just attend mass on Christmas with my family or if there's a ceremony like marriage or communion for someone in my family

single:(married, divorced, gf/bf etc..) single

country of residence: Ireland

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: I don't like the current government and don't have much hope the next one will be better

your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..) prose

Your favorite literary work: James Joyce - A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Why is the above your preferred literary work: 10/10 Prose, kinda relate to Stephen, I doubt that's a good thing though

The way you wish your life to turn out:(try to be realistic and base it on your knowledge of yourself and your general state)
If I can end up not hate life because of awful wageslave jobs I'll be happy, I hope I can put my degree to good use once I get it

No clue

>> No.7127857

>age:
26F
>Class:
Middle
>religion/metaphysics:
De facto atheist, de jure panentheist/deist
>single:
Yes
>country:
Canada
>current state of affairs in your country and the reasons for it:
A snowball effect of Ortega y Gasset's Mass Man running a proto-orgyporgy with no organic Lebenswelt and no Volk capable of sustaining one, will fall apart as soon as some form of austerity kicks in due to war, economic collapse, or other worldwide disaster, and governments and other novel power bases will convert the unsupervised Petri dish of Mass humanity into a more controllable population of proles
Speculative fiction, history, and prewar continental philosophy, but I like to read anything significant
Olaf Stapledon's Last & First Men
Shows the strength of speculative fiction, really precocious, still pops into my head on daily basis
>The way you wish your life to turn out:
Finish grad school, become academic, publish good academic work and short fiction
Either cf. Nick Bostrom for various step changes in human technological and social development, nearly all with unpredictable and probably dire consequences, or (more likely) a collapse into geo-realpolitik with tactical nukes and eventually Orwellian totalitarian barbarism, with states that then initiate the same step changes for strategic reasons, but from foundations even less likely to produce results that aren't existentially terrifying

>> No.7127943

>>7127615
>we'll poke its side with selfie sticks
top kek

>> No.7127968
File: 49 KB, 446x553, 1442375048110.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126340
>Age

>Class
Upper class American

>Religion
Interested in New Age/Timothy Leary stuff, but don't believe in a personal deity at all.

>Relationship status
Single

>Country
USA mothafucka

>Views on State of Affaris
We'll survive it. It's really no worse here than anywhere else but we like to wring our hands about anti-intellectuals in American like it hasn't been that way everywhere forever.

>Preferred literature
I love poetry but can't write it well. I cry everytime.

>Favorite Literature Work
Mason and Dixon

>Why?
Mason and Dixon is the great American novel.

>The way you want your life to turn out
I just wanna publish this novel, marry a Japanese qt and have a few kids while publishing more novels.

>Life on Earth in 100 years
I hope we reach something very near to post-scarcity and people are awakened enough that the economic system will be nothing we recognize today.
More likely, the distribution of wealth will be even more skewed and the earth will be overpopulated for the sake of running the capitalism machine at maximum speed for the benefit of those on top.

>> No.7128765

>>7126340
>Age:

>Class:
Middle

>Religion
Christianity

>Country
Brazil

>Current state of affairs:
There's this huge international debt and the Government is trying to increase the already absurdly high taxes. Mass suicide is imminent.

>Favorite type of literature:
Fiction

>Favorite literary work:
God-Emperor of Dune

>Why:
Leto II is a bad motherfucker

I hope to get back to the U.S. once I graduate (I'm an Electrical Engineering major and I spent the last year studying abroad there. It was ok)

Probably something that will make our current age look stupid in comparison.

>> No.7129065

>>7126340
>age:
>Class:
Middle class
>religion/metaphysics:
Roman Catholic
I have a girlfriend.
>country of residence:
United States of America
It's shit.
Short stories and philosophy.
I don't know.
N/A
I want to be a successful writer and marry my girlfriend. Maybe stop drinking.
Fucked.

>> No.7129135
File: 20 KB, 106x77, Screen shot 2014-11-25 at 10.28.44 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126340
>age:
>Class:(if you do not work but are being provided for by rich parents you are still upper class)
middle
>religion/metaphysics:
atheist (in a non edgy way)
single ;_;
>country of residence:
Australia
shits fucked cunt
Novels?
Jakob von Gunten by Robby Walser
Just has a lot of personal significance for me.
not end up divorced
ww3 tbh

>> No.7129145

> Age:
> Class:
Middle Class
> Religion/Metaphysics
Transcendentalism (Too bad its over)
> Country of Residence
United States
> Your views about the current state of affairs
Starting to dislike my government more and more by the day
> Your preferred type of literature
Whatever interest me by reading a book.
> Your favorite literary work
Walden - Henry David Thoreau
After graduating college, I will buy some land in the middle of nowhere either in Maine or Vermont. I just want to live in solitude and enjoy the outdoors.
> Describe life on Earth in 100 Years
The only thing I will see is more conflict later on in the future. Let just hope the world will not go backwards.

>> No.7129154

>>7126340

Class:(if you do not work but are being provided for by rich parents you are still upper class) Higher end of middle class

religion/metaphysics: I don't devote myself to a religion, and I don't believe in a personal deity.

single:(married, divorced, gf/bf etc..) I have a girlfriend of 8 years

country of residence: From the USA but moved into Russia around 3 months ago.

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: Excessive moral declination.

your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..) I prefer short stories, but if it is around Christmas then I normally sit down quite a lot and read the series of Epic Poems

Your favorite literary work: The Trial

Why is the above your preferred literary work: One of the absolute best books I have ever read in the entirety of my life.

The way you wish your life to turn out:(try to be realistic and base it on your knowledge of yourself and your general state) I plan on moving back into the US after a year or two and becoming a Cardiovascular Surgeon (long story behind why I've chosen that as my occupation)

Describe life on earth in 100 years: Overwhelmingly reliant on technology.

>> No.7129195
File: 377 KB, 968x1296, me2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Age:
>Class:
Lower Middle class
>Religion:
Agnostic, raised Roman Catholic, searching for something more
>Cunt:
Ireland (The north)
Our government is on the verge of collapse and no one cares
>Preferred literature:
short stories
>Fave:
The Master and Man by Tolstoy
>Why fave:
Feels
>Life:
Lived intensely, Mishimas "death among strangers under teh cloudless sky" as a spontanious suicide speaks to me. I don't think I'll live to reach old age, I'll suicide either way
>Life in 100 years:
The problems of demographics, Fossil fuel crisis, global warming, shifting of global economic powers away from the west aswell by culturral degeneration. We're headed for catastopre without some sort of radical change

>> No.7129388

>>7129154

>Excessive moral declination

Kind of funny.

>> No.7129396

>>7129154
>had a gf since 11

normeis get out

>> No.7129403

>>7126340
>age

>class
difficult to say, probably upper-middle where I live but in places like the east coast or california I'd be lower

>religion/metaphysics
Wittgenstein was right about everything including Christianity

>single
single as of last month lads

>country of residence
USA

>views
none, I'm apolitical

>preferred literature
novels

>your favorite literary work
Blood Meridian

>reason
Incredibly evocative, stunning prose

>way you wish your life to turn out
Maybe I'd like to publish something maybe I'd like it to be good maybe that's asking for too much

City-states have reemerged, culture flourishes, lonely men fuck robots, Half Life 3 is in production, memes are studied in universities

>> No.7129469
File: 82 KB, 624x434, 1432141614951.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Class
Lower. Currently a min-wage fuccboi sacrificing my weekends to read and write

>religion/metaphysics
Deistic Agnostic. God, Providence, etc. is out there, sure, but it's pretty evident that He has either left us or has only set the world in motion and stepped back to watch

Single, thank God. Women are a waste of time, resources, and emotion. Thankfully I learned this in college after banging enough sloots to understand what makes them tick. I'm sure I'll find the girl for me someday, but I refuse to date until I am actually successful or can find somebody who's as interested in improving themselves as I am.

>country of residence:
Burgerland. It ain't bad.

The US of A is on its decline, as it's been since the Cold War. Anyone who believes otherwise has no idea what's happening to the Middle Class (hint: it's vanishing due to student debt and a surplus of cheap labor everywhere else). I'm fleeing the country ASAP.

Short stories and fiction novels. I love me some historical nonfiction though.

Letters from an Unknown Woman, by Stefan Zweig.

Tore my heart in two and made me believe in beauty again. Zweig was apparently extremely popular back in the day, and I see why. His works primarily deal in emotion and love, which might sound mushy and feminine but I find it to be a really great reprieve from the non-emotional or subtle stuff I've read for a while.

I want to get published. I want to own a few properties. I want to live off of rental income and travel. I'm saving as much money as possible and learning as much as I can about business, and ideally I'll figure out the whole real estate game and get me some passive income so I can stop coming in to the bookstore on the weekends and just do it every fucking day.

>> No.7129538

>>7126340
Class: lower
Religion: Stoic Agnostic
Relationship: Single

State of affairs: I think I'm pretty lucky to he an American, because being shit poor here is really not that bad, I'll rise in time.

Preferred medium: Novels
Favorite work: Le Misanthrope.
Why: I just love everything about it, the writing, the wit, the message; it's great. (I'm not very articulate.)

Future plans: I would enjoy just about any future, not knowing is half the fun.

Life in 100: 1984?

>> No.7129649
File: 47 KB, 306x469, 1429754117695.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126340
>age
>religion
Roman Catholic, not too serious about it atm.
>single
Been single my entire life, is it nice to hug a girl?
>Country of residence
USA
Everything is tumbling down.
Japanese poetry and fiction
Inferno tbh
I like the story and how it makes me feel.
Hopefully meet a girl and have a child or two. If not, get my doctorate in a field that has a 30% entry and end up teaching at a highschool. If things don't get better soon I may just end it. I don't particuarlly enjoy living right now.
I don't know.

>> No.7129666

>age:
>Class:
lower
>religion/metaphysics:
undecided though i think liberation theology and Gnosticism is interesting
single
>country of residence:
usa
bout to be the fall of rome here in the next couple decades
novels, poetry
it's stark and beautiful and twisted and expansive and so fucking good
go to grad school, teach, write, travel
scrambling, starving hordes fleeing inland to avoid mass flooding, if we're not all dead by then

>> No.7129672

>>7129403
>memes are studied in universities
Anon, he said 100 years not today.

>> No.7129682

>>7126340
>age:
Probably would be considered upper middle class
>religion/metaphysics:
Atheist Christian Buddhist
Single, never married, no kids
>country of residence:
U S A
Economic, racial and social inequality stemming from Americans' inability to accept the idea of taxing rich people in order to provide a safe, healthy environment for kids to grow up in
Poetry, short stories, plays or novels, but they have to be about weird people
Lord of the Rings and/or Lolita
They're about weird people
Father at 55, grandfather at 75, die surrounded by family
People very dependent on a global computer network to organize their lives, prevent war, etc.

>> No.7129689

>>7126340
>age:
barely middle
>religion/metaphysics:
pantheist (possibly taoist - haven't read too much on it)
single
>country of residence:
USA
None interest me.
Do history books count?
Seeing as how I haven't read much outside of history books and such, I guess I'd choose Siddhartha by Hesse.
Speaks to my soul.
Living a secluded life in nature.
Like it is now. All the trivial issues taken care of or still being worked on, but never the actual important ones.

>> No.7129706

>age:

>class:

Upper Middle

>religion/metaphysics:

None

>relationship:

Never

>country of residence:

United States

>your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it:

American politics are a beautiful stupid circus

Short stories and short novels

>your favorite literary work:

Dune

>why is the above your preferred literary work:

Excellent example of cultural/hierarchical speculation regarding a spacefaring human civilization tens of thousands of years in the future

>the way you wish your life to turn out:

Never-ending

>describe life on earth in 100 years:

Something approaching the world of Neuromancer, but slightly less depressing overall

>> No.7129710

>>7126340

>Age
>Class
Upper-Mid
>Religion/Metaphysics
Raised as vaguely Catholic, but now am Agnostic Atheist. At this point in life, Religion or a lack thereof has no weight.
>Relationship?
Pfft. Single.
>Country of residence
Australia
>Views about the current state of affairs in your country and the reasons for it
I honestly don't really give a shit. I've moved around a lot (nationally and internationally), and it's just different variations on the same tune everywhere.
>Preferred type of literature
Long-ass novels, son.
>Favorite literary work
Snow Country, Yasunari Kawabata
>Why
The last scene of Part 1.
I've already decided that I'm either going to be a writer, a teacher, or dead by 25.
>Describe life on earth in 100 years
Fuck that. Even spending five minutes is too long for a goddamned 4chan comment.

>> No.7129724

middle class
non denominational christian
single
usa
would not bet on rate hikes before 2016
fiction
the sun also rises
i like it more than anything else i've read
i want to fall in love with someone who loves me
average life expectancy 95, palestine won't exist

>> No.7129746

>>7126426
I have, but I'm an Anglophone.

>> No.7129750

i enjoyed reading everyone's >the way you wish your life to turn out

>> No.7129779

>>7127128
I'm trying

Life likes dealing me shit hands

>> No.7129794
File: 88 KB, 948x1429, leibowit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Class: Upper middle class

religion/metaphysics: Traditional Catholic

single: Single

country of residence: USA

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: We're sprinting downhill

your preferred type of literature: Classic Fiction

Your favorite literary work: A Canticle for Leibowitz

Why is the above your preferred literary work: Strong Catholic themes without pushing an agenda

The way you wish your life to turn out: Make enough money to be self-sufficient; spend my days writing and drinking whiskey

Describe life on earth in 100 years: Less decadent than life today

>> No.7129894

>>7126340
class: lower middle
religion: agnostic
single: single
country of residents: australia
your views on current state of affairs in country: bad. hypocritical government has changed prime minister after tearing labour a new one for doing the same thing last term.
preferred literature: non fiction, more science or history based things
favorite literary work: dont have one
way you wish your life to turn out:
>join army 3 years
>use some of that money to travel, bank rest
>travel, take photos
>go to university studying archaeology
> ???
thats about as far as ive planned
describe life on earth in 100 years: either people will live or everyone will die

>> No.7129951

a..are there any leftists here?

>> No.7130105

>>7127292
Was the Root Cause of the European Inquisition and the 30 years war?

>> No.7130109

>>7126377
Sweden has a population of 9 million or something and land larger than most other countries un europe, they can easily take more imigrants without a problem.

>> No.7130117

>>7130105
*Christianity

>> No.7130122

>>7129951
find a time machine to 2011 or earlier

>> No.7130126

>>7129779
You're only 19, ya wag. Don't be so melodramatic.

>> No.7130139

>>7130109
Jesus Christ you are so fucking dumb.

>> No.7130160

>>7130139
Don't forget this is how the majority of immigration advocates think. They honestly believe, for example, Australia could host a USA-sized population, for all that every non-Marxist population expert (local and international) insists we shouldn't try to exceed 30mil.

>> No.7130163
File: 30 KB, 634x566, 1441306391394.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7126397
>>7130109
27.3%
%

>> No.7130168

>>7126340
Class: working/middle class I guess
religion/metaphysics: apatheist
single: yes
country of residence: australia
Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it: turnbull's probably better than abbott
your preferred type of literature: novels
Your favorite literary work: asoiaf
Why is the above your preferred literary work: because i'm a pleb
The way you wish your life to turn out: lottery win
Describe life on earth in 100 years: don't know yet

>> No.7130186

You do realise there's a refugee crisis going on, right? I agree that some sort of control should obviously be imposed in order to make sure that terrorists and criminals aren't entering Europe, but it seems dumb to me that people expect refugees from Syria to just stay there and die, so that european privileges may remain intact.

>> No.7130203

>>7130186
cunt

>> No.7130206

>>7130186
There's a clear difference between refugees and economical migrants. Most refugees are happy to find refuge in neighbouring countries where no war is going on (Turkey for example). Economical migrants however want to get that sweet sweet welfare so they won't stop in any country that isn't Germany or Sweden. See the difference?

Sweden is a small country which was already having major problems with immigration levels even before the migrant crisis happened. We literally cannot house or support the people who are already here. We are reaching the breaking point m8.

>> No.7130213

>>7130206
>Perpetuating the economic migrants vs refugee myth

gb2pol

>> No.7130216

>>7130213
Explain why everyone wants to get to Germany/Sweden when there are over a dozen countries on the way from Syria where no war is happening.

>> No.7131384

>>7126340
>age:
Upper class
>religion/metaphysics:
M'atheist
gf
>country of residence:
Germany
(Not germany) corrupt as always, people believe populists lies, no one pays taxes but wants free services, they voted an idiot as president but not the worst one at least, crime is shitty but not in my state.
Germany: a fucking heaven compared to mine, food and weather are kinda lame though.
Fiction, SF, short stories, scientific publications from my field.
Can't name just one above others.
Joyce, Marquez, Bolaño, Rulfo, Dostoevsky
Muh aesthetics, social commentary, prose, imagination, their ability to write like fucking gods, etc. Can't summarize easily why.
Earn good money, live a simple workaholic life, never marry but have a gf, use my free time for hentai and bewks.
Maybe that's the timeframe start of the new industrial/social revultion due to the automatization of most of the workforce. Socialization of most goods and services (in developed nations), maybe war somewhere due to rare and scarce resources. Loli is banned in japan.

>> No.7131395

>Age:
>Class:
very
>Religion:
none
>Cunt:
Ayn Rand
Trump 2016
>Preferred literature:
Sci-fi and 19th century
>Fave:
Dune by Frank Herbert
>Why fave:
It blew my mind.
>Life:
become American patrician with money and the people's respect
>Life in 100 years:
Booming space tourism industry. Space elevator I hope. Mars colony. Plexiglas cell phones. Primitive androids.

>> No.7131406

>>7126340
>age
>class
working class economically, but i had a more 'cultured' than average upbringing
>religion
atheist
>country
uk
>current affairs
the most striking thing about the refugee crisis is how it shows, implicitly, that europe basically does not believe in the sovereign nation state as a concept; hopefully if we can leave the eu the continent will be reminded of sovereignty
>preferred literature
philosophical/reactionary
>favourite
probably dosto's notes from underground
>life goals
married with kids living in rural oxfordshire, philosopher of memes with a very slight media presence
>life in 100 years
not dystopian, but depressing in many ways most likely

>> No.7132897

>>7126340
>age:

>Class:
Upper Middle Class

>religion/metaphysics:
Roman Catholic

Married

>country of residence:
Murica.

One giant memefest

Short Stories and Novels

Only one? Moby-Dick

It's the most ambitious and well-written novel ever written IMO.

Make a decent life for me and my family. Possibly publish some short stories and novels some day. Die content with my wife and kids by my side.

Idiocracy.

>> No.7132991

Class: upper middle

religion/metaphysics: agnostic, culturally catholic/orthodox

single

country of residence: Australia

Your views about the current state of affairs(whatever part of them interests you) in your country and the reasons for it:
Western world is either fucked, or set for a much more depressing 'we're full of immigrants but life goes on we're just kinda shit nao lel', i feel like an actual collapse is overdramatic, and kind of wishful thinking.

your preferred type of literature:(short stories, poetry etc..)
Novels, poetry

Your favorite literary work: Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman

Why is the above your preferred literary work:
Think war and Peace but in WW2 Soviet Union, beautiful descriptions of both nature and domesticity, and brutally frank uncompromising depiction and analysis of war and the holocaust (without being muh 6 million holocaust museum bullshit)

Do science degree, end up doing some cool masters in something chemical, $$$$. To be honest i always fantasise about there being a huge civil war and being in a militia, i guess i just want modern retarded egalitarianism/SJW culture to be punished.

probably not fucked, yet fucked

>> No.7133047

>>7126340
>age:

middle class

>religion/metaphysics:
presbyterian

gf

>country of residence:
Italy

I don't really live in the real Italy, but in my place things are terrible

self-help books (pleb I know)

Fragments of an unknown teaching

It just reminds me that things can go your way if you work for it

Leave and manage to raise some good money working from home

Life on Earth will be pretty much the same, 100 years are nothing

>> No.7133360

Class: Upper middle

Religion/metaphysics: Didn't have a religious upbringing and couldn't say I'm really even spiritual, but I do believe in sublimity. The Spinozist conception of God is also very beautiful even if not strictly philosophically correct. So I don't really know.

Single: Of course.

Country of residence: The Most Ancient Apostolic Empire of Clappistania
Views on the current state of the country: Really I feel myself unready to talk of politics with any authority, but I also think the vast majority of people fail to grasp it, really. People often speak of politics as if public policy is some concrete thing, but the complex connection (or lack thereof) between policy and what is actually done at the level of the individual simply boggles my mind, so I really don't know what to do. I assume democracy is a good idea, but I find it very difficult to penetrate to the heart of the issue, in a way. To actually answer the question, though, my hunch is that a New Deal-style thoroughly mixed economy is what's really needed (and what we absolutely do not have), but again all the connections are so complex that I just don't know. 300 million people just leads to too many variables: how are words on paper to lead to real action in the broadest sense? I probably don't make any sense, but I'm anxious all the same.

Your preferred type of literature: I love a good short story, but my real passion is those great, complex, and deep tomes especially of Modernism and Postmodernism. I used to read a ton of philosophy (mostly Analytic), but not so much these days.

Your favorite literary work: Finnegans Wake, which shouldn't be surprising as it is the pinnacle of the complex book.

Why: Well, for the abovementioned reason, and a thousand others. To elaborate on the first reason, though, the layering of the Wake is completely unmatched: one can read absolutely anything into the book, and lo, the book expresses it in the best possible way. This even applies to things long after the book's publication, and indeed Joyce had a sort of mystical idea that the book could predict the future in a sort of Sortes Finneganianae. While that is perhaps an absurd claim, it is Finnegans Wake which awoke in me what I would call a semimystical regard for the sublime and the dreamy: before that, I was secular to the core. Also, the sheer devotion Joyce showed it is itself a thing of beauty in my eyes, and secures him as a genius beholden only to Shakespeare just as much as the work itself. I could write a hundred pages on my affection for the wake, gooey, juvenile, and pedantic as it is.

The way you wish your life to turn out: Well, while of course I'd like to follow in Joyce's footsteps and go off to Europe and create a couple masterworks while mooching off a hundred acquaintances, I realize I'm probably not good enough to do that, and not courageous enough anyway. So I'll probably end up in academia. Maybe write something good.

>> No.7133391

>>7133360

Oh. and as for life in 100 years, I really can't say. I think there's a pretty decent chance we'll be wiped out by then, but if not I think climate change will at that point be a really awful issue and large measures will have been taken to combat it. I'd love to see the movement after Postmodernism, but I can't possibly predict what sensibilities will hold sway 100 years on. There will, however, probably be a further decline in how many people read "real literature" and the overall "culturedness" of society, which is pretty sad I think. I sure hope, though, that by then we'll really have head in the direction of a leisure society instead of trying to artificially resist automation for the sake of the arbitrary metric of employment. But there I go again speculating on a politics and economy I feel I could never understand, or at least not without many years of intense study, which I'm at the moment not ready to invest. In a nutshell I think it'll probably a further exaggeration of this age if there is any age at all.

>> No.7133411

lower
catholic
married
USA
vote trump
pre 1960s stuff from the USA
Moby Dick