[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 560x721, Seabie_Atlas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7122113 No.7122113 [Reply] [Original]

So aparently there some shitty movie trilogy of atlas shrugged. I don't wanna read the book coz its long and I'm sure it sucks. Has anyone seen the movies? are they as bad as they look? should I just read the cliff notes?

>> No.7122130

The movies are shit, & so is the book. I was totally open-minded about it, but it really, really is not worth it. The concept sounded fascinating, & irrespective of my view on the philosophy, I was intrigued to experience such an apparently high concept work. However, Rand is a truly terrible writer. It reads like the worst airport romance novel. What 'philosophy' there is is spread thin amoungst endless pages of teen romance & trains, endless endless trains. I recommend trying to find a decent doco on YouTube & then move on. Adam Curtis covers some of it in this doc (although this was what caused me to waste time on it in the first place). https://vimeo.com/groups/96331/videos/80799353 Atlas Shrugged is like an intelligence test, the people that read it to the end have failed.

>> No.7122224

>>7122130
>Atlas Shrugged is like an intelligence test, the people that read it to the end have failed.
lol

yeah I suspected it was a waste of time