[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 309x400, hipstertoon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
709044 No.709044 [Reply] [Original]

sup c/lit/s,

i need to write a satirical piece about a topic of my choosing. what should it be?

i would do hipsters but mt friend already did his piece on them.

>> No.709047

Write about the restless night of a BP executive utterly broken hearted over environmental damage to the Gulf in his opulent mansion. I could take this pretty far, but I'm not doing your assignment for you.

>> No.709065

>>709047
Would there be another character to act as a foil or it be an internal split as he looks at how beneficial oil has been and/or our dependence on it vs the horror of the accident, but how it was statistically probable to happen sooner or later with that kind of drilling?

>> No.709076

>>709065
His high price model wife of course. That or maybe some sub-plot with a oil-covered-bird-scrubber hippie having a revelation that this disaster has created jobs, will ensure proper safety in the future, and ultimately is just a piss in a lake... but it sounds like a short story so maybe not.

>> No.709077

>>709065
I'm imaging it now, he gets really really drunk after watching the latest late night news interview with college kids denouncing all oil companies and "fat cats". He gets so drunk that he attempts suicide through pills.

A "tyler" is born then. The split is able to walk around, interact with objects and then spend the entire night arguing the merits of oil vs the risks, of the green industry refusing to switch to nuclear power, etc.

The entire story happens in the night, and the sun rising at the end is the metaphor for the nuke used to seal up the hole under the ocean. But it should be ambiguous instead of a clear metaphor since the sun really is rising.

>> No.709090

>>709065
>>709076
>>709077
>>709047
I would love to read a book like this.