[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 2592x1944, hi_friend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6930781 No.6930781 [Reply] [Original]

I know this isn't my personal proof reading board, but I wanted some criticism on my suicide letter. Compared to getting no letter at all, would it be worse or better to get this letter from a family member? How does it read?
I am incredibly sorry to leave you nothing but this note.

I want you all to know how much I love you. I owe you all everything, you were a fantastic family that deserved much better.

You need to believe me when I say there's nothing any of you could do. Ultimately, I could only help myself.

I will try to explain why, but it's difficult to articulate.

I've felt terrible about myself for most of my life. I have no talent, and am not decently skilled at anything. I've always felt stupid, and just a little bit slow. I have an awful memory, and have forgotten much of what I've learnt. My reading comprehension and speed are bad. I cannot write. I find it very difficult to get along with people even on a basic level. I never have anything interesting to talk about. Just the act of speaking feels like a challenge. Only some of these things I could change through effort, but I've never had any real lasting motivation or drive. I just don't like myself at all, and I'm too tired to try living any more.

I really can't tell you how sorry I am to do this to all of you. Mum and ***** especially. It's so selfish.

I don't deserve to ask for anything, but could you please try to see if there is any possibility of my organs being donated?

I'm sorry. Goodbye.

I love you all.

>> No.6930790

C+, Where's the dragons?

>> No.6930789

>>6930781
Make your explanation more vague.
It just sounds too trivial like you write it. It will destroy them.

>> No.6930794

Don't moan about your reading speed or lack of decent conversation in your suicide note. Also you need to get an organ donor card or whatever the equivalent is in your country.

>> No.6930795

How could any of it be your fault when the universe is deterministic lmao

>> No.6930797

>>6930789

I was worried about that. Might say something along the lines of not being happy with who I am?

>>6930790
Okay, imagine at the end: PS. I'm a dragon

>>6930794
Hmm, think my license will take care of that actually

>>6930795
Oh yeah, I'm sure they'll accept that.

>> No.6930805

>>6930797
>I was worried about that. Might say something along the lines of not being happy with who I am?
Yes. Sorry btw.

>> No.6930810
File: 1.83 MB, 320x240, Idontbelieveyou.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6930781
>I want you all to know how much I love you.
But you don't because you are about to hurt them in the most selfish and painful way possible.

>I owe you all everything, you were a fantastic family that deserved much better.

Obviously not that fantastic considering you don't want to see tomorrow with them.

>You need to believe me when I say there's nothing any of you could do.

They won't believe that. You are hoping that they do to make this whole process easier for you, you selfish prick.

>Ultimately, I could only help myself.
You don't just exist inside your own skin faggot, others probably want to help you, but you are too much a faggot and push them away.

>I have no talent, and am not decently skilled at anything.

So you're a vanity craving whore... great.

>I have an awful memory, and have forgotten much of what I've learnt.

Most of us do cupcake, its fun to review and relearn. Try using highlighters to help in the skimming process to refresh your knowledge.

>I really can't tell you how sorry I am to do this to all of you

They won't believe this, and deep down neither do you.

>could you please try to see if there is any possibility of my organs being donated?

This would piss me the fuck off if I was a family member and read this. Fucker cared enough to donate his organs to some stranger, but not enough to hurt us (his family)

>I'm sorry.
No you're not

>Goodbye.
This isn't Goodbye, you're a lying shit.
>pic related

>> No.6930816

Have you told people you plan to kill yourself? I can tell you from first-hand experience that things can improve if you do. Often people care more than they let on, and it's good to talk about stuff.

>> No.6930817

>>6930810
Fuck off asshole, no one should stay alive just for the sake of the others. Egoism is not something bad.

>> No.6930820

Why don't you go out and rob a bank right now?

I know what depression is like, and I hate those people who say "just b happy", but your note is just so horribly passive. Like you know something is wrong, but can't be bothered to put the smallest bit of energy into changing it, or even trying something new.

Right now you could be walking into a bank, telling the teller that this is a robbery, taking the cash, and driving to a hotel. You could sit there all night listening to your heart thumping and wondering if the police are going to find you. IF you get caught, you kill yourself. If you don't, you still can. Then again, now that you've got a bit of cash and a good story behind you, you might not want to. Just a suggestion.

>> No.6930829
File: 1.58 MB, 250x220, Disapprove.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6930817

I agree, but don't say you love them. Because it's a shell of a statement. Those words will be empty to them.

OP is not suicidal and that's not a real suicide note

A real suicide note reads like this:

>Fuck you all. I hate this fucked up world. I hate myself. I'm done.

It won't say stupid shit like "Donate my fucking organs to science please"

OP is a lying sack of shit, and you're a fucking retard for believing him.

>> No.6930830

Suicide's a meme kid

>> No.6930834

>>6930810

>>They won't believe that. You are hoping that they do to make this whole process easier for you, you selfish prick.

I know it's selfish. Even if they don't believe it, I still feel like it's better to keep that in there.

>>This would piss me the fuck off if I was a family member and read this. Fucker cared enough to donate his organs to some stranger, but not enough to hurt us (his family)

Point taken. I think it should happen regardless.

Revision:

I am incredibly sorry to leave you nothing but this note.

I want you all to know how much I love you. I owe you all everything, you were a fantastic family that deserved much better.

You need to believe me when I say there's nothing any of you could do. Ultimately, I could only help myself.

It's difficult to explain why I'm doing this. I'm not okay with who I have become. I've always felt extremely limited, no matter the effort.

I really can't tell you how sorry I am to do this to all of you. Mum and **** especially. It's so selfish.

I'm sorry. Goodbye.

I love you all.

>> No.6930835

>>6930820
Not OP, but now I have a great contingency plan for if I'm ever suicidal again. Neat shit.

>> No.6930839

>>6930829

It's scary. I'm going to at least try. And I would like to tell you where I live in case I succeed, but I would really prefer not being tied to 4chan.

>> No.6930841
File: 479 KB, 500x281, throne_of_lies.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6930834

>> No.6930843

>>6930820

Still a person, still scared. I wouldn't feel any better doing that kind of stuff, and would still be stuck with the same problems.

Fuck I am whiny little bitch, aren't I?

>> No.6930846
File: 2.00 MB, 245x207, HAHAHA.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6930839
>And I would like to tell you where I live in case I succeed, but I would really prefer not being tied to 4chan.
KEK
stfu OP, you're starting to make me laugh now

>> No.6930850
File: 57 KB, 74x98, pepe.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6930843
>Fuck I am whiny little bitch, aren't I?

>> No.6930860

>>6930829
He just wants them to feel better. You don't know if he's lying and it doesn't matter anyways

>> No.6930867

>>6930843
>Fuck I am whiny little bitch, aren't I?
Yeah, kind of, not any more than anyone else though.

Everything changes eventually. Its all about changing your day to day life for the better.

Try something you wouldn't otherwise, because for fucks sakes, you're going to die, and after that there's nothing. Sure you won't be sitting around wallowing in your ennui all day any more, but you're never going to see the sun rise or smoke a cigarette by yourself or hug someone you love ever again. If that isn't completely terrifying to you then I really don't know man.

Do you jog? I've noticed that if I make an effort to go out jogging in the morning (earlier the better, try to aim for 6 or 7am) the feelings of hopelessness go away a bit for the rest of the day.

>> No.6930869

>>6930860
>He just wants them to feel better.

NOTHING will make them feel better. If you think so, you are just as delusional as OP.

If any of them are close to him, they will be permanently scarred for life. Like a wound that never heals. OP will steel brighter days away from them in an instant. He does get this, because he is a vanity craving, selfish, insecure fuck twat who only cares about himself.

>> No.6930877

Don't Kill Yourself by Carlos Drummond de Andrade

Carlos, keep calm, love
is what you're seeing now;
today a kiss, tomorrow no kiss,
day after day tomorrow's Sunday
and nobody knows what will happen
Monday.

It's useless to resist
or to commit suicide.
Don't kill yourself. Don't kill yourself!
Keep all of yourself for the nuptials
coming nobody knows when,
that is, if they ever come.

Love, Carlos, tellurian,
spent the night with you,
and now your insides are raising
an ineffable racket,
prayers,
victrolas,
saints crossing themselves,
ads for better soap,
a racket of which nobody
knows the why or wherefor.

In the meantime, you go on your way
vertical, melancholy.
You're the palm tree, you're the cry
nobody heard in the theatre
and all the lights went out.
Love in the dark, no, love
in the daylight, is always sad,
sad, Carlos, my boy,
but tell it to nobody,
nobody knows nor shall know.

>> No.6930881

>>6930877

I feel like all of that went over my heard. It's nice though.

>> No.6930885

>>6930881
I don't get it either. But it sounds like something true.

>> No.6930893

>>6930867
It'll make them feel better than
>Fuck you all. I hate this fucked up world. I hate myself. I'm done.
at least.