[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 21 KB, 329x500, lt0dmqc5llq4hdkdueeg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
687487 No.687487 [Reply] [Original]

so /lit/ this book any good?

>> No.687491

just another shitty memoir

>> No.687493

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>> No.687496

The story is kind of fun. Intersting look into the pua community and mind set. Don't think that pua is about lines or even women. Most of the community is about self betterment. Every pua author/speaker has their own style and method of teaching.

>> No.687522

>>687496
"PUA!" is the sound I make when I spit.

>> No.687526

I found it offensive and quite disgusting that this book is bound in leather and gold like some sort of middle-english classic.

It's just some d-bag's shitty memoirs talking about all the whores he banged.

>> No.687534

Its an interesting story. Kinda like Da Vinci code. but it doesnt deserve the gold edges or that kinda shit

>> No.687539

>>687526
>It's just some d-bag's shitty memoirs talking about all the whores he banged.
for the most of it, that's true. but he does have a change of heart near the end where everyone falls apart. and he gets all "this is shallow. I need substance in my life" or some junk.
People often for get this turnaround. Some moral message I don't recall... eh,

>> No.687549

>>687534
Except that Neil Strauss writes passable prose instead of rolling his face on the keyboard, and that the book recounts the essentially factual 'progress' of the author from gormless bachelor to self-conciously manipulative player instead of a murder mystery leading to the discovery of a vast Catholic conspiracy, yes exactly.

>> No.687556

>>687539

>"this is shallow. I need substance in my life"
Translation:
>I think I've banged enough whores, time to cash in with a book

>> No.687561

ITT: Women

Even if you hate PUA's, its still interesting to read.

Also, I just lost the game.

>> No.687567

>>687539
That message is there to be picked up the entire time, but White Knights get too busy raging about the objectification of women during the heady "learning how to get laid" sequences to notice the author's misgivings. The book OPENS with Mystery going through near-suicidal manic depressive cycles in the shithole they made out of their LA mansion for fuck's sake.

With regards to relationship-starting there's wheat to be had in there, just plenty of chaff too.

>> No.687595

Neil Strauss is exstreamly well versed in this book and it makes a very interesting read.