[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 12 KB, 567x302, life5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6781981 No.6781981 [Reply] [Original]

write what's on your mind

>> No.6782016

>>6781981
Without my writing, without my obligation to those I create, I would fail to apprehend any reason to leave my bed. How is it that those around me don't have that innate drive to strive for what is greater than themselves; how can the insignificant and mundane suffice to satisfy anyone? I feel an invincibility that is certainly a direct result of my noble pursuit for greatness and although it provides me with the qualities of a schizoid, I am too devoted to my craft to care for anything that extends beyond what may help me to improve.

>> No.6782046

Alcohol sucks, I'm taking a break.

>> No.6782077

>>6782046
yeah me too I think.
hangovers are not cool and I meet shitty people

>> No.6782105

i need a fucking job

>> No.6782399

>>6782105
pleb

>> No.6782403

>>6781981
penises

>> No.6782414

I feel uncomfortable, I ate a little bit too much and now I just want to lie down. The problem being that when I lie down I'll fall asleep and feel like I wasted my time.

>> No.6782417

Not the main thing on my mind but I was on /fit/ recently and it's genuinely embarrassing seeing some of their posts. Males with below average intelligence who think that going to the gym a few times a week elevates them to some sort of higher plane of humanity. Why is lifting weights associated so much with general self-improvement? I think /fit/ is filled with low social classes who think doing engineering degrees will bring in the megabucks.

>> No.6782429

>>6782417
Probably a reasoning like lifting = physical superiority. Much like reading = intellectual superiority.

sadly the process is not that automatic

>> No.6782436
File: 306 KB, 600x450, 1428889108099.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6781981
I want to starve myself to death. Read somewhere that is a quite painless way to die, feeling nothing after the third day without food and water.

>> No.6782446

>>6782429
Lifting does indeed bring about a physical superiority whose benefits in a society fixated with physical appearance are plentiful. Seeing the body adapt to an excessive quantity of weight progressively provides among the greatest and most fulfilling of pleasures but like all else, it can be taken to excess. What is contemptible or pitiable about those who frequent /fit/ is the obsession with physical improvement which then leads to a neglect of the spiritual and intellectual facets of the self.

>> No.6782540

I'm anxious. This week I'm planning on leaving a 4 page letter on my ex's doorstep just outlying some stuff like a brief summary of the relationship from my perspective and telling her that although we may have been boyfriend and girlfriend, she was my best friend most of all and I haven't had that part of me for over a year and a half now. We haven't been on speaking terms since the break up and this letter, I feel, is my last chance at getting her to at least talk to me as a friend if nothing else. I know she already has a stable relationship at the moment but honestly I just want my dreams about her gone, I'm still debating whether I should just leave the note by her doorstep or try and see if she's home and try and talk briefly before I give her the letter. I'm going to attach a Snickers bar to the letter, that was always her favorite candy, I don't know why but I'm really happy I thought of that. After this summer we'll be physically separated by hundreds of miles, at that point it'll be completely feasible we never talk to each other again. I want us to stay in touch even if it's very loosely, so I feel that if we are to have any future as friends or whatever it may be, it hinges on her reception of this letter. I'm also hopeful, though, because I'm finally taking action after feeling completely isolated and hollow for the past year and a half. If she does take it well and reconsiders this apathetic/indifferent approach towards me, at least the seed will be there. Should I try and talk to her before handing over the letter or should I just silently leave the letter and candy on the doorstep?

>> No.6782548

>>6782436
It isn't.

>> No.6782553

>>6781981
marlowe's faustus isn't as good as I remember but it's still very quotable in places and does have its moments of brilliance.

also, y'all are some whiny ass motherfuckers. I've been on this website for years now and it never ceases to amaze me the type of teenage angst and the number of crybabies this place manages to attract.

>> No.6782554

Poo poo pee pee
Out my wee wee

>> No.6782573

there's too much off topic shitposting and "philosophy" shit on this board now. i mean if you're going to talk about philosophy at least pretend you're discussing their books and not "tfw no real"

>> No.6782576
File: 64 KB, 640x434, 1380511724416.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what's on your mind

>> No.6782586
File: 54 KB, 615x437, 84628623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish more peeps on /lit/ would join me at (small)chat dot com slash lit for socializing...

>> No.6782596

>>6782573
the problem is that most people here haven't read anything they discuss

I'm a grad phil student and it's obvious

>> No.6782625

>>6782586
there's a lit skype group where we all shitpost and talk about books occasionally.
would you be interested in joining

>> No.6782647

>>6782625
no, I'm not. sounds awful.

>> No.6782656

Way to fucking steal my thread

>> No.6782664

im pretty sure im in love with this girl

i used to think i was asexual or something, because i never had any romantic/sexual feelings for anyone. until i met this fucking girl. im scared that im too dependent on her, that if she died or left or something, i'd just go be a homeless heroin addict or something, because i would no longer give a fuck about life. that's not how i want to be, but i can't fucking help it.

the weird thing is, i realize how pathetic this is. but i literally CAN'T change it.

and its not even that she's the "prettiest girl ive ever seen" or anything, i've talked to plenty of girls that i consider "prettier". hell, one of them even told me to come to her house and fuck her, but i declined.

something about this girl though man..

>> No.6782670

>>6782625
Yes, I'm not the original poster but I was in that small teeny weeny chat group and missed the last 2 weekend chances to go and mix chat

>> No.6782671

>>6782664
untermensh

>> No.6782673

how is this related to lit????

fuck off with this ego-stroking dear diary shit

>> No.6782674

science continues to advance until we reach the point where we can reproduce using artificial wombs thus rendering the female worthless

all females are killed and the world enters a new era of enlightenment

that is my dream.To be free from the daughter of lucifer

>> No.6782676

>>6782673
This, tbh

>> No.6782679
File: 38 KB, 159x159, newshamvatarl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6782673
>writing isn't related to literature
wew lad

>> No.6782683

WAY TO STEAL MY THREAD OP

YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

>> No.6782699

>>6782683
fuck off namefag

>> No.6782713

>>6782699
This is my fucking thread, you unoriginal pleb.

And it is I, Zeeburg. I run this board.

>> No.6782722

SAGED
A
G
E
D

TBH
B
H

>> No.6782743

>>6782713
zzz

>> No.6782751

The thought of it makes me giddy, almost drool; though, not like a cerebral palsied infant, more like Homer Simpson. The more I fantasize, the more it tantalizes: that teetering indecision broiling in the back-burner of my mind, the ultimate psychobiological failsafe–I don't want to say the word no more than Hagrid with "he who shall not be named" or the pious with "fist fuck your mother's fart hole." How would I do it? I do often ask myself. Well, I could make a dramatic ordeal of it, do the deed in public for all the world and its social media to see, record, disseminate, gasp and discuss. I'd imagine this way would incorporate a drawn-out speech condemning this or that, forgiving nothing and begging no pity–or so I would tell myself: I would relish the spectacle, the briefly newfound sense of posthumous infamy, and above all the inkling of hope that I would change or progress any form of social thought, perspective, what have you. No, it wouldn't be a crestfallen victim's last refuge of despair; it would be a poor, apathetic child's pseudo-noble endeavor to better the crippled globe revolving, for a moment around him. Nothing more...and yet, there's the other way, less public, less impactful. I could hole myself up in a cabin, a closet, a cubby of any kind, cradling an overdose of opiate, a barrel of cold steel packed with lead. The note would be thought out, sure, jam-packed with pathos, logos, a hint of venom towards the perceptibly righteously malnourished in my life, those who will have been made to feel the freshest victims of karma, as instrumented through my one last gesture on this earth, my sensational exit into the dark under-realm of human existence. To be dead is not to be; or so it seems to me.

Some crack about 'tell my family I love them (except my insufferable mother).'

>> No.6782754
File: 107 KB, 640x811, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I'm going to derail this thread

>> No.6782780
File: 137 KB, 768x1024, taylor-swift-768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6782548
that's your opinion

>> No.6782786
File: 254 KB, 208x198, eeECt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6782754

>> No.6782856

>>6782679
>write what's on your mind
>literature

please stop posting on this board

>> No.6782947
File: 423 KB, 768x1024, Untitl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6782780

>> No.6782971

>>6782856
haven't you ever read pynchon??

>> No.6782976

>>6782754
i would like to have sex with her

>> No.6782978

>>6782754
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>> No.6783594

Human mind is interesting thing. I had to take some time off my university studies in STEM field, had to give up my apartment and sold off most of my belongings and now I am sleeping on a couch at my family member's house. These actions were because of mental health issues I have, which make living normal life pretty much impossible. I don't know if it's due to boredom, or some form of self-flagellation but I read a lot, even though I really can't concentrate as long as I used to(about 30 minutes of reading is my maximum). However, when I was hospitalized because I was this weird combination of suicidal and homicidal if I wasn't just moping around, I managed to read few books I brought with me(William Gibson's Difference Engine and Bridge trilogy), and some others I borrowed off hospital's library.

Currently I am trying to write down ideas and stories of my own(when I am not too fucked up by meds or booze), first short story I am working on is basically cyber/biopunk about a man who tries to get funding for medical operation for his sister in a uncaring world. I don't know what it is that drives me to write, even moreso because I haven't written anything remotely fictive since the second grade. I am bit afraid that these writings seem too autistic/boring to some people, and sometimes I just feel like I have the story, the setting, the characters and all of it taking shape in my head, but I just cannot find right words to express myself. This is why try to read as much as I can in several different genres, to expand my vocabulary(since english isn't even second language to me, but I'm hell-bent of writing in english for some reason) and expressive methods. I guess it's my coping mechanism of sorts while I am trying to pull myself together and trying to fix my life - unchecked mental health issues combined with copious drinking won't mix well, so I may've done some stupid choices I feel massive amounts of guilt now. Wish I knew more about psychology tho.

>> No.6783605

>>6782976
I would like to catch her drift