[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 56 KB, 434x324, catch22logocopy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
677548 No.677548 [Reply] [Original]

Why did Yossarrian fall in love with the champlain?

Why did Dreedle leave?

Why was Yossarrian told to jump at the end? Why did jumping help him avoid the knife?

Is the movie really as bad as people say it is?

Why the fuck am I the only person who loves this book more than my family?

>> No.677563

I finished this book for the first time a few hours ago!

>> No.677573

The movie isn't great overall, but there are little moments that are really good. Like when they're bombing their own base (I know it makes you sound stupid to be impressed by explosions) but in some shots the entire screen is entirely made of flame and... okay just trust me, it looks good.

Also, during a conversation on the runway, a plane crashes next to the characters and they ignore it, and it looks excellent.

But yeah, not good otherwise... the book is amazing though. Major Major Major Major is my favourite.

>> No.677574

I read it my Sophmore year in Highschool.

I really enjoyed it. Lost my copy though, need to get it again.

>> No.677584

They cut out Nately's Whore in the final scene. I raged. But yeah like the other guy said the ignored plane crash was pretty funny. It was Milo pitching the egg, btw.

>> No.677601

he jumped because he just left... thats how to get out of the catch-22... just leave

>> No.677621

the Catch-22 film is mediocre at best. If you want a film that captures the Catch-22 spirit check out MASH.

>> No.677628

>>677601
...That doesn't explain the jumping though...