[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 47 KB, 501x525, Stirner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6760975 No.6760975 [Reply] [Original]

So how on earth is it even possible that I've lived my life up to this point without discovering the works of this absolute genius?

>> No.6760977

>>6760975
retard

>> No.6760983

>>6760975
because of people's >muh spooks

>> No.6760989

so fucking sick of seeing that sketch

>> No.6760995

>>6760975
I imagine you came here from reddit a couple days ago, no one outside of /lit/ takes him seriously. Most people on /lit/ don't.

>> No.6761028

>>6760995
actually I've used /lit/ for years. I've always ignored people posting images of Stirner all over the place because there's never any kind of strong recommendation or positive argument associated with such images, I've passed it off as some kind of narcissistic cult preference "that is not to be spoken of" or something along those lines. For about as long as I've been browsing /lit/ I've never found much interest in the works of philosophers, as I've found most of their claims to be based on reifications of some sort, and have left to toy with my own philosophical ideas from the ground up because of this, but, holy fuck. This guy's a genius.

>> No.6761114
File: 35 KB, 128x165, fw_spooky.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6761028
If you had no interest in philosophy before, possibly not read upon communism, state law, and don't know the language of Hegels times,
how did you go through all the critiques from roughly p.100 to p. 200 without being confused or at least bored?

>> No.6761194

>>6761114
I never stated that I had no interest in philosophy before, only that I've had little interest in the writings of philosophers during the time I've been browsing /lit/, as every time I read into someone's work, I find various sizes of jumps in logical reasoning that assist them in arriving to their conclusions, which in my eyes makes out their philosophical ideas to be complex faiths in the perceived objectivity of various principles. Minoring in anthropology I read quite a bit on philosophy and society through school and personal interest, I have just since found little interest in the works of philosophers who are recommended to me.

The linguistic differences only make reading slower, they do not result in the text as incomprehensible, as there is sufficient context to understand what is being conveyed. I have difficulty finding it dry, his writing is rich in information and avoids redundancy.

I'm startled by how logical, illuminating and concise his writing is. Who else is hiding in plain sight on this board?

>> No.6761230

>>6761194
>Who else is hiding in plain sight on this board?
Pynchon, Joyce, DFW