[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 644x435, illuminati-disney-lion-king-subliminal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6694830 No.6694830 [Reply] [Original]

Ive been craving some new documentaries to watch so i thought about subjects that interested me that i havent seen documentaries for, anyways i decided to try and find a documentary on subliminal messaging. I looked on YouTube and clicked on the first video that i saw. It is basically somebody reading a supposed leaked document regarding subliminal messaging in advertisements, however i couldnt stand this guys voice, he sounds like a little string bean faggot. So what i was wondering was if anybody has a link to the pdf of the aforementioned document, or any books on subliminal messaging in general. I hope you guys can be of help to me ( I never post here ).

Heres the video i was talking about, this kids voice makes me want to punch him in the face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4to2f4L5MU

>> No.6694844
File: 68 KB, 375x500, 623747844_bd26303872.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'm sorry, will you repeat that?

>> No.6694877
File: 302 KB, 2000x1000, 1434249641836.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6694844
What im asking is, does anybody here have a link to the leaked advertisement document that this kid is talking about in the video. Any books on subliminal messaging are appreciated too.

>> No.6694934
File: 13 KB, 500x500, 1434424920363.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

please... anyone

>> No.6694943
File: 33 KB, 480x454, 1433874191360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6694877
>2 hour long conspiracy video

>> No.6694971

>>6694943
I know. I couldnt stand to hear that nasally voice for two hours when i could just read the document myself.

On the subject of long conspiracy videos, my favorite is Ring Of Power.

>> No.6694989
File: 63 KB, 651x366, toystory.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You've got a friend in me [spoilers]mouth[/spoilers].

>> No.6695010
File: 44 KB, 600x958, lolita-keenan2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You shouldn't ever want to punch kids in their faces, it leaves marks that others can see. You should try to love them instead, you can make them do whatever you want with love.

Pic is related to me.

>> No.6695018

>>6695010
I havent seen the entirety of Kubrick's Lolita, im really not much of a reader either ( I mentioned ive never posted here). I was in a thread on /tv/ about kubricks symbolism and hidden messages, is lolita supposed to have an underlying message of any sort?

>> No.6695023
File: 199 KB, 449x600, Lolita [1962].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6695018
besides the fact that teens can be fuckable even if theyre under the legal age.

>> No.6695028

>>6695018
>is lolita supposed to have an underlying message of any sort?

Nabokov would say no, but he was a fool in that regard.

>> No.6695036

Can you tell me why somebody would try to torrent us with SEX as a subliminal message?

>> No.6695041

>>6695010
>no thigh gap
>thinks I'll get sexually aroused
Ha!

>> No.6695046

>>6695036
What are you willing to do for the answer?

>> No.6695050

>>6695028
Or just disengenious.
>still takes what author's say at face value

>> No.6695053

>>6695046
What do you want?

>> No.6695054

>>6695036
apparently its not to make us want to have sex, but that it subconsciously grabs our attention. Heres an excerpt from an article ive been reading.

" All of the information picked by these senses is sent to the brain and absorbed by the subconsciousness, however, only very concrete and relevant data is passed to the conscious mind after it has been processed and reduced. All the rest remains ignored. A good example of this is the Cocktail Party Effect : You can talk with a friend in a crowded party and still listen and understand what he says even if the place is very noisy. You can simultaneously ignore what another nearby person is saying, but if someone over the other side of the room suddenly mentiones your name, you notice that sound and respond to it immediately. Not only that your name immediately triggers your attention, you usualy are aware of the entire sentence it has came in. From this experience we can learn that our brain records everything that takes place around us. Interesting that certain words like SEX, BLOOD, DEATH, FUCK and such have the same effect in triggering your attention as your name."

"So, only the information considered as "relevant" goes to the consciousness. Non essential information, short or vague stimuli are stored in the subconscious without reaching our awareness. Important to stress that they are NOT discarded, but stored. E V E R Y T H I N G you have ever experienced in your life, from every stranger's face you have ever glanced at in a crowd to every spider web you gazed at as a child, can be retrieved from your memory by hypnosis or by electrical stimulation of the brain cells in temporal lobes. Hence whatever was subliminally put into your brain will stay there forever and in the right circumstances will trigger the right reaction in you. That is not being said that subliminal messages determine your reaction in an inexorable manner. The accepted opinion is that subliminal messages rather strengthen, accelerate and reinforce reactions in persons who are ALREADY PREDISPOSED to the subject of the message. But I guess one can't be sure."

>> No.6695055

>>6695041
If you play your medicinal cocktails right you get to watch the gap grow wider and more inviting from month to month.

>> No.6695063

>>6695050
I've read so much about Nabokov's thoughts and life that the only 'game' he was playing was tempting the psychoanalytics into analyzing his work (Lolita, especially) through that lens.

>> No.6695067

>>6695054
Thank you . That was extremely interesting.

>> No.6695089

>>6695063
Sure from other people and himself. And you still probably ought to not trust a single I one of them.
Get some more skepticism for real.

>> No.6695102

>>6695054
what? this cockparty effect doesn't happen to me. i can sit and occupy myself and not hear someone shouting my name while in a room with some other people talking. it got me into so much trouble while i was military and the tinnitus i acquired only worsened everything.

>> No.6696915

>>6695054
This is not exactly how the subconscious works mate0

Perhaps you should read a great deal more on the subject. The subconscious (not subconsciousness, lol whoever wrote that article doesn't even have a grasp of language) does in fact collect all experiences as the author describes. But the process of how this information becomes conscious or not is much more complicated and also unique to each individual. Every persons experience is infinitely different.

Think of it as "like attracts like". All of the information from your senses coalesces much like how all matter did over billions of years in the universe. Each mind, based on all past experiences, will filter and organize all new information in a unique manner. The author states that only very concrete and relevent data is passed to the conscious mind. This is simply not true. Things that are very concrete and relevant often pass unnoticed. Think about all the times people forget things, or don't notice things etc etc.

I could go on, i've studied the mind for a better part of a few decades. I'll check this thread later to see if anyone wants to discuss the brain and how it works.

Most of the current ideas about the mind are severely limited and purposefully leave out things that don't fit within our current understanding of how all things work (physics etc).

>> No.6696923

>>6695089
You're right, it's far more logical to believe Nabokov lied to all of his students at Cornell and Wellesley. Get outta' here.

A better example of a misleading or lying author on his own work would be like Joyce when he says there isn't a single serious line in Ulysses or Wilde when he says all art is useless yet writes heavily didactic works.

>> No.6696961

>>6696915
His post was a lot more scientific than that. You just made an analogy to all thoughts coalescing like matter in space and then point out that sometimes the data doesn't make it to the conscious mind as thought this contradicts anything the author said.

>> No.6696964

>>6695054
proof they are not discarded?
I thought subconscious memory was literally a couple seconds long. I doubt all stimuli I have ever experience is "stored" in my brain.
If it can only be retrieved by hypnosis/electricity then it has no use long-term, especially as its useless information anyway.
But if you have a reason why/evidence I'll gladly agree

>> No.6697071

>>6696961
Hmmm...an analogy so low information plebeians like yourself might digest what the underlying idea is.

The author predicated that in order for something to reach the conscious mind it must be concrete and relevant. If that were true, people would be intelligent and much less reliant on emotions and whims.

tl;dr you're post was literally pointless and you're retarded. Thanks for nothing

>> No.6697081

>>6696964
When you look at your room. You notice everything but your conscious mind can only focus on what you're focusing on. The subconscious mind actually sees every single thing and it stays there forever.

Read up on memory palaces. Probably one of the best things I've ever partaken in. You can train your brain to eventually consciously remember everything - by choice. By this I mean that you can go into a specific state and recall every single detail.

>> No.6697111

>>6697071
The analogy is an empty one. It neither adds nor reflects any understanding.

"concrete and relevant" does not at all mean "intelligent, objective, and reasonable" especially not when we're talking about the mind. Really the second line in your post makes absolutely no sense at all. I wish I could better describe why its ridiculous.

>> No.6697120

>>6695010
If you beat them with an orange in a sock it doesn't leave bruises.