[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 75 KB, 250x335, buddha017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6435202 No.6435202 [Reply] [Original]

What do you think about this quote, /lit/?

>The only thing that can be loved is the female. A man, of course, has some female within him, and when he is loved, this female within him is the object of this love.

Also, post some quotes.

>> No.6435211

>>6435202
undergrads out

>> No.6435212

>>6435202
Is this even a real quote?

>> No.6435224

>>6435202
That might be the worst quote I've ever read.

>> No.6435241
File: 104 KB, 515x700, 1413081807039.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just posting a few of my favorite lines from literature
From Don Quixote:
>"I only understand that while I’m sleeping I have no fear, or hope, or trouble, or glory; blessed be whoever invented sleep, the mantle that covers all human thought, the food that satisfies hunger, the water that quenches thirst, the fire that warms the cold, the cold that cools down ardor, and, finally, the general coin with which all things are bought, the scale and balance that make the shepherd equal to the king, and the simple man equal to the wise. There is only one defect in sleep, or so I’ve heard, and it is that it resembles death, for there is very little difference between a man who is sleeping and a man who is dead."

From Mason & Dixon:
>Snow-Balls have flown their Arcs, starr'd the Sides of Outbuildings, as of Cousins, carried Hats away into the brisk Wind off Delaware,-- the Sleds are brought in and their Runners carefully dried and greased, shoes deposited in the back Hall, a stocking'd-foot Descent made upon the great Kitchen, in a purposeful Dither since Morning, punctuated by the ringing Lids of Boilers and Stewing-Pots, fragrant with Pie-Spices, peel'd Fruits, Suet, heated Sugar,-- the Children, having all upon the Fly, among rhythmic slaps of Batter and Spoon, coax'd and stolen what they might, proceed, as upon each afternoon all this snowy December, to a comfortable Room at the rear of the House, years since given over to their carefree Assaults.

From the Book of Job:
>But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

>> No.6435476

I am not knowing that "the female" is the only substantial notion possible in eternity of being loved.

>> No.6435500

There is a historical confusion between male/female with active/receptive. The quote is correct and of course we are all both male and female, but it's not that "a man has some female within him", because the concept of "man" itself is inserted into this problem. The female in the man is not male. The only thing that can be objectified is the female, but even though this may sound weird at first, women are just female historically. Male and female are roles, masks, sides.

>> No.6435624

>>6435500
Jesus H. Christ. Why are you even on 4chan? I think Reddit is more your speed.

>> No.6435687

Who even said this?
Why did you post a Buddha picture without posting a quote by him?

>> No.6435693

>>6435202
No one has ever said this. I even tried google.

>> No.6435713

>>6435624
Because I can't even use that site at all.

>> No.6435740

>>6435693
Even Google!

>> No.6435745

>>6435740
Yea anon, I was desperate.

>> No.6435757

>>6435745
But well prepared.