[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 45 KB, 400x519, 1428434844923.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6430178 No.6430178 [Reply] [Original]

I don't know whether to ask /tv/ this or /lit/. I'll try here first.

Basically I have an idea for a movie. Yes this is obviously a /tv/ thing but a movie tells a story and that story has to be written.

>The story revolves around a family. One member of the family, a brother of 2 sisters, has committed a serious crime which has not yet been discovered. The family have to struggle with dealing with this fact, not knowing whether they should hide him or go to the police.
>Of course the crime is eventually discovered and linked back to the brother and is ultimately arrested.

The movie will be more of an 'artsy' type but the whole visual aspects aren't a /lit/ issue.

Now, I'm not a writer. I'm a 3D artist so writing isn't my thing but I want to be able to tell this story and make it a visual thing to watch.

How should I go about getting a story like this written? If it's going to be a movie should I just approach a screenwriter or should I get somebody else to write the main bulk of the story to be turned into a movie?

>> No.6430204

>>6430178
Anyone?

>> No.6430238

>>6430178
man up faggot

>> No.6430446

bump

>> No.6430485

nobody's going to write your weird movie for you unless you can throw down hella cash, and even then, it's not going to turn out the way you want

read a book or two on screenwriting and do it yourself

>> No.6430487
File: 54 KB, 152x281, checking from the side.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why do you want to tell that story if you don't particularly care about it? Why do you feel you need a story? Why that one?
If you don't like narrating don't do it, if you feel you need narration search for someone who actually likes it. When you don't really care about a subject it shows and there are thousands of guys willing to work for free in projects and shit if they sort of trust you.

You write like a teen. I hope you are, and succeed with this and get some track early in your career.