[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 179 KB, 750x1000, thomas-jefferson-books.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6326450 No.6326450 [Reply] [Original]

Is it just me, or does it seem as though many non /lit people have been coming in here and starting random pol/soc threads which don't have much to do with literature? Do we not have mods here? Can we do anything about stopping threads which have nothing to do with literature?

Anyways, this thread is about how Thomas Jefferson couldn't live without books. Discuss.

>> No.6326460

A /philo/ board would be nice, sick of these fucks.

>> No.6326476

>>6326450
I suggested /PhilGen/ and the like. But people abandoned it.

>> No.6326541

>>6326460
>>6326476

There are certain times in which I understand them posting here. For example, some religious posts can be tolerated as being part of a discussion about the Bible (a written work). But frequently it seems as though there are threads which really shouldn't be in here.

>> No.6326547

>>6326541
The only real offender I can think of is /mu/ with the occasional 'what are you listening to / favorite artists and literary recommendations' threads.

>> No.6326556

>>6326476
lol oh pls, butterfly.... lose ur id before u start complaining about the social/community aspects of /lit/.

>> No.6326567
File: 217 KB, 1089x776, death.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>christian threads
>atheism sux: the thread
>marxism thread
>stirner "philosophy" thread
>lol john green thread
>lol woemen suck: the thread
>STEM masterace
>blog post/feels/neet self delusion
>continental vs analytic pissing match
>scientism: wow bad!
>why is sam harris so right
>what is the x of literature?
>what books would help me with my vague personal problem that should have gone on /adv/
>what do you drink/smoke/listen to while reading/shoving things into your rectum
>reminder that you suck at reading/writing
>wow ereader masterace
>blatant trolling/provocation

>mfw

Hey mods if you're not going to moderate why don't you just delete the board so we can at least have closure.

>> No.6326581

>>6326567
>Hey mods if you're not going to moderate why don't you just delete the board so we can at least have closure.

Don't be a jackass. There should at least be an explicit literary connection as the topic.

>> No.6326584

>>6326567
yeah, but i've posted threads on specific books and nobody has ever read them. it's all well and good to encourage strict discussion, but then you're left with the same conversations about the same "classics"... over and over again, forever.

>> No.6326606

>>6326450
A couple of things,

1.Maybe /lit/ hasn't been a board that has caused enough trouble to warrant heavy moderation or other boards require heavier moderation by comparison leaving /lit/ often ignored.

2. As I understand it mods tend to look over the boards or are assigned boards they show interest in or knowledge of and the problem is that no one from lit has attempted to become a mod.

>>6326450
>this thread is about how Thomas Jefferson couldn't live without books.

Are you sure you didn't mean cute slaves? Seriously, unless he was reading books off some woman's back while he repeatedly thrust into her over and over, I have a hard time believing he really read as much as he claimed to considering how many illegitimate children he had.

>> No.6327303

>>6326567
You forgot the "Cultural Marxism" thread. Every time I hear that term I cringe.